Senior Tools Engineer
15 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
The Senior Tools Engineer position is instrumental in designing, implementing, and evolving current and new tools and pipelines to increase productivity across the studio.
This position will be responsible for:
- Collaborating with designers, artists, and programmers, to design, implement and iterate on tools responsible for creating game data.
- Extending existing editors to provide new or improved functionality to improve how team members streamline and accomplish their tasks.
- Supporting the team with standalone tools and scripts to facilitate game development, build processes and improve general workflows.
- Be an integral member of the team, including playtesting and providing feedback on the game.
What craft expertise you’ll have:
- Technology Knowledge
- Required: Strong C# experience.
- Required: Strong C++ programming ability.
- Desired: Knowledge of Python, Powershell, and batch files.
- Tool Knowledge
- Required: Visual Studio with strong experience debugging and profiling code.
- Desired: Experience working with PS4 or PS5 hardware.
- Desired: Perforce, Jira, Confluence, and Jenkins
- Craft Experience
- Required: Demonstrated experience building and maintaining tools in a game development environment.
- Required: Able to analyze designer and art tool requests and iterate with them to deliver robust and performant tools to solve problems.
- Required: Experience working with game toolsets; Unreal, Unity, Crytek, etc.
- Degree: B.S. in computer science or equivalent experience.
- Years of Experience: 7+ years of tool programming preferred.
- Desired: Strong preference for a candidate that has shipped at least 2 AAA console game.
- Additionally, you should possess
- A proven ability to manage time, self-organize, and meet deadlines.
- Strong communication skills.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Strong organizational skills with an attention to detail.
- A growth mindset
- Understand why exceptions are never the best idea.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.