This job might no longer be available.
Senior Tools Engineer
28 days ago
We create ambitious games in a quietly awesome culture.
That simple statement is at the heart of what we do here at Possibility Space. Founded by a diverse and experienced team of game and media industry veterans, we are built from the ground up as a distributed studio, allowing developers to live and work where they are happiest. We strive to create an environment where we can do our best work regardless of what we look like, who we love, or how we identify.
We are seeking a Senior Tools Engineer to be part of our Development Platform Team with a multi-studio and multi-platform strategy focused on source control, build, and release systems. You will drive design and implementation of great tooling and workflows for our cloud-based source control systems, as well as contribute towards our build and release systems. You’ll also help build and mentor our team as we expand our studio to meet development needs.
This role collaborates with disciplines across the studio to enable the team and provide highly secure, scalable, and performant cloud-based build & release services, and systems.
Core Responsibilities & Objectives
- Architect, deploy, maintain, and administer cloud-based Perforce & Git version control applications.
- Create runbooks and train the team on administration and maintenance of our source control systems.
- Ongoing backups, monitoring, reporting and lifecycle management of version control applications.
- Work to improve our processes and the operational efficiency of our version control & build systems.
- Provide 24x7 on-call support as a part of an on-call rotation.
Core Traits (Skills, Knowledge, Experience)
- 3+ years of experience with Source Control Management design, deployment and operational support.
- Demonstrable experience with version control server design, implementation, and support business requirements through to day-to-day management.
- Experience with automated build systems such as Jenkins, TeamCity, or equivalent.
- Experience in languages such as Python, Bash, PowerShell scripting, etc.
- Experience implementing solutions in AWS and/or Azure.
- Knowledge of Build and Release Engineering principles and methodologies including source control, branch management, and build testing using Perforce.
- Experience with game development.
- Experience with Unreal.
- Experience with AWS.
- Experience developing tooling and workflows for developers in non-engineering roles such as artists and designers.
- Close vision to monitors and screens, consistently working on computer equipment such as keyboards and monitors, long periods of sitting.
- Reasonable accommodations can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Possibility Space is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, marital status, medical condition(s), national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other characteristics protected by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances, or common human decency.