This job might no longer be available.
Sr. Tools Engineer
Palo Alto, CA
7 months ago
Build the future of mobile games with MZ!
As a global leader in mobile gaming, we’re dedicated to developing games the world can’t wait to experience. Games like Final Fantasy XV: A New Empire, Mobile Strike, and Game of War: Fire Age.
We build massive mobile games that break down linguistic and geographic barriers by uniting an unprecedented number of global players in one gaming world. Our team pushes the boundaries of innovation in a player-driven ecosystem.
As a studio, we are masters of our own destiny, untethered by the traditional publisher model. Every update and feature creates amazing experiences for millions of players!
MZ Game Studio is seeking a highly skilled Sr. Tools Engineer to join our Game Engineering team. Qualified candidates will be responsible for developing the content pipeline and tool suite to enable the artists of our studio with the power of our next-gen game engine. This role will work closely with our art and design teams, responding to user feedback, to deliver tools that provide an efficient workflow and the best possible user experience. Candidates must be proficient in writing highly optimized, extensible and maintainable code.
What you'll be doing:
- Partner with artists and other content creators to develop tools that provide seamless user experiences
- Partner with engineers and UI designers to develop a tools driven workflow to support new feature development
- Find generic and scalable solutions for recurring problems
- Use Object-oriented design and programming skills to develop a tools framework on our next-gen cross-platform mobile game engine
- Produce clean, maintainable and well-documented code promoting modularity, extensibility and performance
- Constantly improve tool UI and workflow in response to user feedback, and ensure that all tools continue to provide an excellent user experience
Your background and who you are:
- 8+ years of expert level C++ experience
- You have experience using Qt
- You always want to deliver tools that offer the best possible user experience and performance
- You love working together with artists and engineers
- You really care about a clean codebase
- You have a strong background in computer science fundamentals, design patterns, algorithms and data structures
- You have a Bachelors in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- You are a team player
- Familiar with newer C++ Standards (C++11, C++14, …)
- Knowledge of STL
- Experience using CMake as a build system
MZ is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, medical condition, religion, marital status or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.