This job might no longer be available.
Senior Tools Engineer - Unreal Engine 4
5 months ago
Survios , the foremost virtual reality game developer and pioneer of the future of immersive technologies, has an opening for an ambitious, visionary, and experienced Senior Tools Engineer working with Unreal Engine 4.
Candidates must have a passion for designing, implementing, tools and systems. Applicants should be enthusiastic about the opportunity to collaborate with other developers across disciplines, seek out opportunities to dive in, solve problems, and make improvements wherever necessary.
The ideal candidate has considerable experience contributing to a large cutting-edge code base and extensive experience creating development tools. The role requires prior experience developing tools for UE4.
- Develop new editor features to support design and art needs.
- Analyze and improve existing tools, and support the teams using them.
- Drive best practices for tools development.
- Continuously test, debug, profile, analyze, and optimize on all applicable platforms.
- Contribute innovative and original ideas on all aspects of game production and development.
- Advise or m entor other engineers who are engaged in tools development.
- Five or more years of experience in the creation and delivery of state-of-the-art, performance-minded games with two in-game credits required.
- Experience building editor modules for UE4, including slate UIs.
- Demonstrated proficiency in C++.
- Proficient with linear algebra and general 3D mathematics.
- Comfortable working with internal and externally developed code.
- Effective communicator and collaborator with engineers and team members from other disciplines.
- Excellent analytical and communication skills.
- Self-motivated and passionate about making video games.
- Commitment to personal and peer development and sharing best practices.
- Hands-on experience developing for PS4 and Xbox One.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Math, or related field.
- Experience developing Maya plug-ins and asset pipeline support utilities.
- Experience designing and implementing threaded, asynchronous software.
- Experience with the technical challenges unique to active Virtual Reality game development.
Survios is at the forefront of VR game development and is pioneering the future of immersive technologies. Since inception, we have taken a holistic approach to virtual reality innovation, developing hardware, software, and games hand-in-hand to take VR to places that no one has dreamed possible. Survios offers a pet-friendly work environment with unlimited vacation time and a host of other perks and benefits to give our team everything we need to create unrivaled Active Virtual Reality experiences.