Senior Tools Engineer - Studio nDreams (Hybrid)
9 days ago
We are looking for an experienced tools engineer to build, develop and maintain tools to assist our game development. This is a challenging but rewarding role, working with a multi-talented team to make cutting-edge VR games as high-quality and as efficiently as possible.
- Develop, enable and support tools to help developers to make great games efficiently.
- Work closely with artists, designers and programmers to write or iterate on tools to help their workflow.
- Write and maintain clear technical design documentation as well as informative tools’ manuals
- Help define tools roadmap by gathering requirements from stakeholders
Who are we looking for?
- At least five years of professional experience as a Tools Programmer or a related position.
- Solid C++, C#, and Python experience.
- Experience of version control using Perforce.
- Ability to gather requirements, plan, and execute system required using the platforms provided.
- Ability to work both with a team and independently, with a strong organisational and communication skills.
- Ability to react to and resolve problems with live systems efficiently.
- Good understanding of game asset pipelines and architecture.
- Knowledge of Unreal Engine (4/5) and batch scripting.
- A good understanding of modern development practices to help design and maintain tools and pipelines.
- You enjoy the challenge of building complex systems that are easy to configure and deploy, scalable, and robust.
- You have enthusiasm for learning new skills and working in a hybrid environment (home/studio).
Who we are -
We are nDreams, a world-leading game developer and publisher with nearly a decade of VR specialism. Combining a drive to push technological boundaries with proven gaming excellence, we are the team who set the standard for VR action games with Fracked and the award-winning Phantom: Covert Ops.
With our team’s triple-A credentials and sensibilities, alongside bespoke VR technologies, we’ve got the skillset, processes and creative vision to deliver innovative, high-end games for all VR platforms and genres. If it’s VR gaming, you will find nDreams at the forefront of it.
Our projects continue to advance the present and define the future of VR. Want to be a part of it? Apply today to join a studio with a state-of-the-art collaborative workflow and diverse talents assembled from world-leading game developers and publishers.
Our expanding company shares a passion for innovation, collaboration and leading the future of VR. We encourage an open and diverse culture and empower people to explore ideas and put their own stamp on their work. With humble beginnings as an independent studio, we combine amazing projects and considerable scale with a personal, caring touch.
We offer great perks, including flexible hours, duvets days, your birthday off, dedicated personal development time and support, as well as regular socials and parties. Beyond this, there’s an excellent holiday offering, pension scheme, health insurance, life cover and much more. Our newly refurbished nDreams studio space has some fantastic facilities and is built around collaborative work (and play!).
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.