Senior Test Manager, Diablo IV
15 days ago
Team Name:Quality Assurance
Job Title:Senior Test Manager, Diablo IV
The minions of hell grow stronger! Our family of diabolically hardworking testers is growing. Our backgrounds are varied, but we all share a passion for the dark, gothic, and macabre. If you are a QA leader with shown management experience, a stellar track record providing software quality confidence, and you value a team that celebrates self-expression and a multi-disciplinary approach then join us to help deliver excellence on the Diablo IV team!
The concept of “Blizzard polish” is the infinite care and loving detail we put into every aspect of our games. It’s a responsibility shared across the company – and its undisputed heart and soul is Blizzard QA. We’re searching for like-minded folks with an interest in QA to help us continue to deliver unforgettable gaming experiences for years to come. Blizzard QA is a close-knit team; we care about iteration, problem solving, and succeeding as a group. We genuinely love what we do for a living and expect the same from everyone who joins us! If your career is ready for its next great challenge, get in touch and let’s get to work!
This role is anticipated to be a hybrid work position, with some work on-site and some work-from-home. The potential home studio for this role is Irvine, CA or Austin, TX.
- Lead a test team for Blizzard products end-to-end
- Lead, recruit, mentor, and own a large team towards individual and team excellence
- Influence cross functional teams on end-to-end strategy, test execution, and reporting
- Accountable for the quality of all results, workflows, and relationships for the test team
- Partner and provide high value quality-related services to production leadership
- Forecast and handle the product’s test schedules, needs, dependencies, and resources
- Advocate for test automation and tooling, with strategic eye on priorities and ROIs
- Develop and own the master test plan for the product
- Drive quality projects with regional teams, partners, collaborators, and QA teams
- Set annual and continuous improvement goals for the team
- Contribute to long term QA vision creation and drive communication outward with partners
- Lead, connect, and partner with teams across Blizzard towards quality initiatives
- Facilitate resolution of project impacting issues that require intervention
- Champion and influence software development standard methodologies and the customer experience
- Showcase achievements outside QA and present formal business reviews regularly
What you’ll bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience
- Test experience: 8+ years
- Management experience: 5+ years
- Vendor partnership experience and familiarity with healthy external relationships
- Worked in a live services model with regular updates to an existing project
- Ability in leading white/gray/black box and automation standard processes
- Knowledge of end-to-end test planning for a product
- Expertise in Jira and test case management tools
- Shipped multiple game titles on PC and console
- Experience with leading global test teams
- Familiarity with Blizzard Entertainment line of products and services
- ISTQB certification
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, among other characteristics.
We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered! Subject to eligibility requirements, the Company offers comprehensive benefits including:
- Medical, dental, vision, health savings account or health reimbursement account, healthcare spending accounts, dependent care spending accounts, life and AD&D insurance, disability insurance;
- 401(k) with Company match, tuition reimbursement, charitable donation matching;
- Paid holidays and vacation, paid sick time, floating holidays, compassion and bereavement leaves, parental leave;
- Mental health & wellbeing programs, fitness programs, free and discounted games, and a variety of other voluntary benefit programs like supplemental life & disability, legal service, ID protection, rental insurance, and others;
- If the Company requires that you move geographic locations for the job, then you may also be eligible for relocation assistance.
Eligibility to participate in these benefits may vary for part time and temporary full-time employees and interns with the Company. You can learn more by visiting https://www.benefitsforeveryworld.com/ .In the U.S., the standard base pay range for this role is $93,440.00 - $172,800.00 Annual. This base pay range is for the U.S. and is not applicable to locations outside of the U.S. Actual amounts will vary depending on experience, performance and location. In addition to a competitive base pay, employees in this role may be eligible for incentive compensation. Incentive compensation is not guaranteed.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.