Senior Technical Writer
12 days ago
The Documentation team at Unity is growing, and we’re looking for an experienced technical writer with passion and drive, technical aptitude, and excellent writing and editing skills.
We’re looking for someone who can quickly form good working relationships with developers and work collaboratively to produce great documentation that simplifies, explains, and empowers users to get the most from Unity products. This includes a mix of writing from scratch, revising draft documents supplied by developers, and overhauling legacy content.
When you join us, you’ll work on the Platforms Documentation team. We plan, write, and maintain the documentation for using Unity on different platforms, such as consoles or mobile devices.
You’ll be part of a diverse team of technical writers, content managers, and information architects working across countries and timezones to support Unity’s passionate community of creators.
What you’ll be doing
- Writing documentation about using Unity on different platforms. This includes both scripting API documentation and user manual content
- Gathering, editing, and publishing subject-specific knowledge from subject matter experts and developers
- Supporting development teams to deliver high-quality technical content within a fast-paced software release schedule
- Using internal templates, standards and our in-house style guide (based on the Microsoft Writing Style Guide) to create clear and reusable content
- Helping a globally distributed team improve the documentation user experience for our amazing community
- Championing the role and importance of documentation within Unity and across the writing community
What we’re looking for
- Impeccable standard of written and spoken English
- Excellent computing skills
- Experience working as a technical writer
You might also have
- Passion for games, technology, and/or writing
- Game development experience, especially using Unity or C#
- Experience producing documentation using HTML/CSS, Markdown or XML
- Understanding of source control tools (e.g. github, Mercurial) and techniques
- Experience using issue trackers such as JIRA to track project tasks
Some travel may be required between Unity offices around the world and to some major industry events.
Life at Unity
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.