Senior, Technical Writer
10 days ago
ML Horizons is seeking a high energy, personable Senior Technical Writer to assist with our world-class mixed reality solutions for customers in the government civil, defense, and intelligence sectors. As a technical writer, you will be responsible to create, and maintain documentation for the various applications, frameworks and software development kits created by our teams. Qualified candidates need to be self-starters and quick studies, with strong understanding of software development.
- Create documentation for both experienced and new developers taking the SDK into use.
- Work alongside our SDK, Core Applications and Tools teams to ensure content expertise and documentation accuracy.
- Aggressively pursue feedback from architects and tech.
- Leads to implement content updates and ensure relevance, consistency and accuracy.
- Quickly understand complex, technical concepts and create concise technical documentation.
- Deliver results in a dynamic work environment with limited supervision.
- 5+ years of experience as a technical writer required; experience in a software development environment preferred.
- Knowledge of Unity, C#, and HTML/CSS.
- Possess the ability to read code and understand flows and API’s.
- Ability to interview architects and developers. Strong communication a must. Understand the concepts and translate for clear and understandable presentation.
- Can extract information and concepts, often translating them into something understandable to non-technology-oriented customers.
- Must be flexible and enjoy working remotely.
- Understands the Augmented Reality space and how to accurately convey spatial concepts and systems that leverage them.
- BS/BA in Technical Communication, English, Computer Science, a related field, or equivalent experience.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- This position may have access to ITAR controlled technical data, or material placed under a security classification or similar restriction by the US Government. As such, this position will require a US Person as defined in the ITAR, and may require the successful completion of a background check for a US Department of Defense security clearance.
- All of your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.