Senior Technical UI Designer
18 days ago
WE ARE GAME MAKERS
Who we are:
We are a diverse team of developers driven by a passion for our art, united by our core values and inspired by a culture of inclusivity to build amazing games that thrill players everywhere. We pursue growth and innovation in an environment of safety and trust. Our culture is built on the belief that the more varied voices in our collective will strengthen our team and our games. We are looking for our next teammate who will raise our bar and make us better.
What we need:
We’re looking for a Senior Technical UI Designer to join our team and help us craft the future of online multiplayer gaming. As a Tech UI Designer, you’ll set the standard for building the fundamental UI systems that will take us into that future. You’ll own and drive the implementation of key UI features, working closely with designers, artists, producers, engineers and more. We’re a studio that values autonomy and self-drive in developers who are empowered to do the best work of their careers. If this is you, let’s talk!
- Champion the development, iteration, and maintenance of various UI features and building-blocks ranging from sophisticated, reusable widgets and menus to dynamic animations.
- Effortlessly and iteratively bring to life our team’s approved UX wireframes in-engine through visual scripting (Blueprints).
- Collaborate deeply with other teams! This role will be the nexus between UX Designers, UI Engineers, UI Artists, and Systems Designers, and will collaborate with many other departments across the game from Audio to backend Engineering as needed.
- Constantly monitor and improve UI implementation to ensure a world class user experience at scale.
- Routinely identify, implement, document, and advocate UI Blueprint architecture best practices and workflows to improve team effectiveness.
- Proactively learn and research new tools to elevate the quality of UI deliverables and improve workflow within the UI team.
- Constantly seek to grow self, and open to growing and mentoring others.
Who you are:
- Strong proficiency with Unreal Engine and Blueprint scripting is required.
- Ability to analyze and solve sophisticated technical and design problems.
- Experience building complex real-time user interfaces.
- Solid understanding of data flows and organization.
- Ability to learn and ramp up on new tools and processes quickly.
- Ability to iterate & collaborate under deadlines & production constraints.
- In-Engine UI Materials knowledge is a major plus.
- AAA Game experience, preferably in UI, is a plus.
- Programming experience (C++, C#, etc.) is a plus.
The pay range for this position in California at the start of employment is expected to be between $95,000 and $130,000 per year. However, base pay offered is based on market location, and may vary further depending on individualized factors for job candidates, such as job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and other objective business considerations. Subject to those same considerations, the total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a bonus and/or equity awards, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment. If hired, employee will be in an 'at-will position' and the company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation or benefit program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, company or individual department/team performance, and market factors..
Join our mission: Bring fun, inspiration and awe to our lives and to our community:
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.