This job might no longer be available.
Senior Technical Sourcer
San Francisco, California, United States
9 months ago
Working at Discord is like working with an exciting, motivated, and talented family. Finding the right people to add into our unique mix is a difficult endeavor, so we’re looking for a Technical Sourcer to join our growing recruiting team and help us identify talented candidates for our various open roles.
What you'll be doing
- Collaborate with Discord’s recruiters, coordinators, and hiring managers to understand specific talent needs.
- Successfully build a pipeline of active and passive engineering and business talent through various channels.
- Develop and execute on a strategic sourcing plan/timeline to build a strong pipeline of candidates through channels including personal networking, social networks, blogs, forums, advertising, cold outreaches, and research methods.
- Find, engage and activate and passive candidates through the use of Boolean, LinkedIn, AngelList, Google Search Engine, GitHub and alternative search platforms/techniques.
- Strategize different ways to build talent pipelines and execute on tactical research, referral generation, events and sourcing campaigns.
- Develop and iterate on outreach campaigns based on recruiting metrics and company needs.
- Conduct phone screens with prospective talent to qualify for relevant openings and understand their motivations and needs.
- Actively participate in providing feedback and recommendations to enhance day-to-day recruiting operations and candidate experience.
- Proactively research and stay on top of organizational changes in top companies within the Bay Area and beyond.
What you should have
- A minimum of 5 years of experience with technical sourcing and/or recruiting in a fast-paced, high growth environment.
- Experience with Lever, Greenhouse, or other applicant tracking systems.
- Strong technical aptitude: Ability to qualify candidates for different disciplines including Full-Stack, Infrastructure, Mobile, Native, Data Science, Product Management, and more.
- Ability to build and maintain a network of top-tier technical talent in a metrics-driven, high-growth environment.
- Experience in creating and executing recruiting strategies, candidate management, diversity sourcing, and interview process management.
- Experience with Google and Asana product suites for project communication.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Comfortable interfacing with all types of people.
- Self-starter with a sense of urgency and organization skills in juggling multiple job requisitions.
- Proven experience with using innovative sourcing techniques.
- Ability to prioritize and succeed in a highly ambiguous environment with competing demands.
- Strong commitment to teamwork and collaboration.
- Experience working on a recruiting team in a tech startup
- An understanding of and connection to Discord’s mission.
- A passion for the hunt, finding talent in unique and unexpected places.