Senior Technical Sourcer
San Francisco, California, United States
10 days ago
Working at Discord is like working with an exciting, motivated, and talented family. Finding the right people to add into our unique mix is a difficult endeavor, so we’re looking for a Technical Sourcer to join our growing recruiting team and help us identify talented candidates for our various open roles.
What you'll be doing
- Collaborate with Discord’s recruiters, coordinators, and hiring managers to understand specific talent needs.
- Successfully build a pipeline of active and passive engineering and business talent through various channels.
- Develop and execute on a strategic sourcing plan/timeline to build a strong pipeline of candidates through channels including personal networking, social networks, blogs, forums, advertising, cold outreaches, and research methods.
- Find, engage and activate and passive candidates through the use of Boolean, LinkedIn, AngelList, Google Search Engine, GitHub and alternative search platforms/techniques.
- Strategize different ways to build talent pipelines and execute on tactical research, referral generation, events and sourcing campaigns.
- Develop and iterate on outreach campaigns based on recruiting metrics and company needs.
- Conduct phone screens with prospective talent to qualify for relevant openings and understand their motivations and needs.
- Actively participate in providing feedback and recommendations to enhance day-to-day recruiting operations and candidate experience.
- Proactively research and stay on top of organizational changes in top companies within the Bay Area and beyond.
What you should have
- A minimum of 5 years of experience with technical sourcing and/or recruiting in a fast-paced, high growth environment.
- Experience with Lever, Greenhouse, or other applicant tracking systems.
- Strong technical aptitude: Ability to qualify candidates for different disciplines including Full-Stack, Infrastructure, Mobile, Native, Data Science, Product Management, and more.
- Ability to build and maintain a network of top-tier technical talent in a metrics-driven, high-growth environment.
- Experience in creating and executing recruiting strategies, candidate management, diversity sourcing, and interview process management.
- Experience with Google and Asana product suites for project communication.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Comfortable interfacing with all types of people.
- Self-starter with a sense of urgency and organization skills in juggling multiple job requisitions.
- Proven experience with using innovative sourcing techniques.
- Ability to prioritize and succeed in a highly ambiguous environment with competing demands.
- Strong commitment to teamwork and collaboration.
- Experience working on a recruiting team in a tech startup
- An understanding of and connection to Discord’s mission.
- A passion for the hunt, finding talent in unique and unexpected places.