This job might no longer be available.
Senior Technical Release Engineer, AI@Unity
12 days ago
We are looking for an outstanding Release Manager to join the AI@Unity organization to manage our packages. The AI@Unity organization is responsible for a number of products and services that span all of Unity’s verticals across gaming and industrial. This includes Unity Simulation , Unity Game Simulation , Perception , and ML-Agents . All our products integrate directly into the Unity Editor and are part of the Unity-wide release process.
You will be working with a team of AI/ML researchers, engineers, and product managers to support and lead the release of our Unity packages. Your impact will be felt across the org as the central point of contact for release planning and execution of hands on release engineering! Great opportunity to include the org and gather a diverse set of perspectives, leading to product success.
What you'll be doing
- Collaborating with the broader release management ecosystem at Unity to develop and promote standard methodologies
- Work with partners of varying technical fluency and from execs to developers
- Plan the schedule and scope of our package releases, formulate the process to backport bug fixes within our git ecosystem
- Write release notes, manually test where appropriate, perform a security and legal review, and analytics integrations
- Build, maintain and continuously improve infrastructure for a mult-platform development team including source code repository, build, integration, release tools and scripts, continuous integration infrastructure, packaging and deployment tools
- Investigate and recommend best practices for maintaining code base integrity, including code review workflows, code coverage measurement and the use of static and multifaceted analysis tools
What we're looking for
- Experience in Release/Program Management with current technologies, including handling significant multi-functional programs
- Experience with version control such as Git, Mercurial or Perforce and other DevOps tools such as Jenkins
- Ability to coordinate and execute sophisticated release and event planning
- DevOps experience managing product releases or projects with complex dependencies and multiple contributors, particularly to cloud platforms and container orchestration releases
- Excellent social skills with a wide array of subject areas and technical knowledge
You might also have
- Contributed to open-source projects, especially related to game dev, AI, robotics or computer vision!
- Experience with Unity Engine, and submitting to app stores on multiple platforms
- Expertise with a package managers such as npm, scripting and markup such as Helm, YAML, XML, TypeScript or Python
Life at Unity
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.