Senior Technical Project Manager
9 days ago
This role will own the delivery of agile software development activities and other project deliverables within Improbable’s Defence Division that are the subject of an external customer contract. You will help guide the team to deliver features and releases that contribute to overall programme success and ensure we deliver contractual performance that exceeds expectations.
You will lead and manage small to medium sized customer contracts or a significant portion of a larger programme or subcontracted activity of a similar scale. You will be able to operate with limited oversight, proactively optimising activities to deliver on expectations while reducing risk, increasing customer satisfaction and maintaining a healthy and positive spirit within the project team. You will accelerate progress by driving crisp, timely decisions and measuring progress, defining correcting action, clearing blockers and escalating appropriately.
- Use your experience managing agile software projects to lead the delivery of cutting-edge cloud-hosted software using Improbable’s Skyral (synthetic environment platform) in partnership with our clients and ecosystem partners.
- Champion best practices and exemplary behaviour whilst maintaining mission focus and demonstrating perseverance to maintain progress.
- Collaborate with our customers and Improbable’s product, engineering, partner, growth and commercial teams and third-party partner organisations to track the status of technical execution and maintain forward progress despite dynamic priorities and uncertainties.
- Confidently engage at a senior leadership level, you support peer colleagues in achieving business objectives.
- Support the engagement and account management of customers through relationship and stakeholder management supporting higher-level growth team activities.
- Lead the development of project plans and enable user workshops, integration events and operational tests and evaluations for parts of our project portfolios. All with a wider appreciation of both the product roadmap and future commercial opportunities. In doing so you will identify opportunities to improve PM methods, tools and processes.
- Proactively manage risk on projects in a programme and portfolio context, you will manage the talent allocation to your project, working with engineering and product managers. You manage the finances of your projects and support the financial management process in programmes and the wider portfolio.
Why You're Made For This:
- Strong understanding of the project management of software development activities with the ability to implement modern, novel digital solutions in aid of the Defence and National Security missions.
- Detail-orientation with the ability to manage uncertainty and work in a growing business spotting and building capability as needed.
- Demonstrable ability to collaborate with programme & project managers, product managers, engineers, partners, and growth and commercial colleagues to achieve customer satisfaction and good outcomes for customers and partners.
- Experience in championing best practices in project management and exemplary behaviour whilst maintaining mission focus and perseverance in navigating the delivery of customer contracts
- Track record of managing complexity and rapid change, keeping track of detail and working in a growing business, spotting gaps and building maturity as needed.
- Clear knowledge and understanding of the full software development lifecycle, either by way of a technical degree or experience in the industry.
Improbable is determined to foster an environment where people can do their best work and feel like they belong. We believe a healthy culture, strong values and contribution from a diverse range of individuals will help us to achieve success.
We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, gender, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.