Senior Technical Program Manager - Defence
12 days ago
At Improbable, we’re bringing together technology and games to create new opportunities and experiences. In order to achieve this, we need unique perspectives from diverse people, empowered to revolutionise how online games are made, delivered and paid for.
We believe one of the biggest, most impactful changes to the way we live our lives is going to come from the medium of games. Realising new communities, societies and vocations through virtual worlds is what drives our people and gives them purpose.
As a Program Manager at Improbable, you will be responsible for customer outcomes on key Government contracts, working cross-functionally with our engineering, product and operations teams to prioritize and deliver capabilities and ensure clear communication and coordination channels between Improbable, our partners, and our customers.
You will be joining at a critical juncture for the Defence organisation, with a breadth of opportunities to attack in 2020 and beyond. The people, processes and learnings that we put in place this year will have a significant impact on the possibility of success for our business going forward.
Areas for Impact
- This role will own the overall technical and commercial success of the most important program of work in Improbable Defence. You will establish a customer-centric culture, ensuring we are delivering a software platform that exceeds expectations.
- You will conscientiously lead the program, focussing not only on delivery quality but also with clear financial reporting, metrics and communication to key stakeholders.
- You will lead efforts to accurately scope customer requirements, with a wider appreciation of both the product roadmap and commercial opportunities. In doing so you will identify opportunities to improve planning and reporting processes.
- You will lead a number of project management resources, guiding them to deliver work streams that come together to make the program successful.
- Leveraging your relationship with the customer & deep appreciation of our offering, you will also contribute to identifying up/cross-sell opportunities and be a key ally of the wider customer team.
- You can see a more in-depth briefing pack here.
We'd like to hear from you if you identify with the following:
- A minimum of 7 years experience in program management.
- Experience scoping and delivering large scale complex software or software platforms in the Defence or Government space.
- Clear experience establishing metrics and reporting mechanisms to communicate the health of your programs to internal and external stakeholders
- Experience developing project schedules, coordinating user workshops, integration events and operational tests for complex projects.
- You are personable and empathetic with extraordinary customer focus.
- Experience with Agile project management frameworks and a deep understanding of technical tradeoffs.
While we think the above experience could be important, we’re keen to hear from people that believe they have valuable experience to bring to the role. If you identify with the team and mission, but not all of our requirements, then please still apply!!
The best ideas are often the least expected and require new ways of thinking; that’s why our teams at Improbable are made up of an incredible range of talented people. Improbable is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.