This job might no longer be available.
Senior Technical Program Manager
4 months ago
Unity is looking for a highly skilled and self-motivated Senior Technical Program Manager to facilitate operations and communications between our Developer Services teams and customers. In this role, you will work across multiple teams in pursuit of quality, excellence, improving and adapting development processes to enhance development agility and product delivery, while opening doors to collaboration with the rest of the company.
As the ideal candidate, you are comfortable wearing multiple hats: connector, coach, reporter, translator, diplomate, firefighter. You ride the line between Helper and Leader, acting as a force multiplier for the teams you are embedded with. You have a light-touch project management style, and a dedication to foster a culture of individual empowerment, ownership, and trust. You have excellent people skills and you have an understanding and appreciation for working across different cultures. You have the passion and drive to provide the best quality product and services to our customers.
While the majority of your daily collaborators are located in Copenhagen, Slough and Montreal, some international travel is to be expected.
What you’ll be doing
- Act as a collaborative force across teams to unify goals, develop teams that work together fluently, while embracing divergent priorities, processes, and cultures
- Work with the Developer Services leadership team to build a clear roadmap and track internal projects
- Circulate regular status updates to internal partners, providing a concise high-level view into the team’s health and progress against goals
- Provide agile training, coaching and mentorship
- Internalize and evangelize Unity’s core values: Users First, Best Ideas Win, In It Together, Go Bold
What we’re looking for
- Experience in software production / project management, working cross functionally within an engineering organization (or equivalent related experience)
- Extensive practical knowledge of agile methodologies
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and oral, to speak to a broad audience as well as being an enthusiastic and phenomenal teammate!
- Ability to gracefully and empathetically manage change in an organization, working with the current embedded habits rather than fighting against them
- Demonstrate a customer-focused, proactive, curious mentality. Not afraid to ask questions, and be willing to dig for your own answers as well
You might also have
- Is certified an Agile coach with either ScrumAlliance, SAFe or any other recognized provider
- Collaborating with distributed teams across different time zones
- Enterprise-scale software development
- Solid understanding of JIRA or similar software
- A passion for gaming, technology, and quality
- Game development (Unity engine or otherwise)
Life at Unity
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.