Senior Technical Program Manager
5 days ago
Twitch is the world’s biggest live streaming service, with global communities built around gaming, entertainment, music, sports, cooking, and more. It’s where millions of people come together to chat, interact, and make their own entertainment.
We’re about community, inside and out. You’ll find coworkers who are eager to team up, collaborate, and smash (or elegantly solve) problems together. We’re on a quest to empower live communities, so if this sounds good to you, see what we’re up to on LinkedIn and Twitter , get interviewing tips on Instagram , and discover projects we’re solving on our Blog .
About the Role
The Community Products organization builds products that help connect 100M+ viewers to millions of live streamers in real time. We are looking for a Senior Technical Program Manager (TPM) who is excited to collaborate in solving problems at scale. You will partner to launch products and systems that empower viewers to easily discover content, creators, and communities they love.
You have experience delivering customer-facing features from end-to-end through engineering innovations. You will partner with Engineers, Product Managers, Data Analysts, and Designers to create game-changing customer experiences. If you have a passion for driving teams to provide large-scale creative features that delight millions of viewers around the globe, come join us in making history!
- Partner with multiple teams in and across Product, Design, and Engineering organizations to lead the planning and delivery of new products, features, important maintenance, and the deprecation of systems that are no longer needed. You will look for opportunities to incorporate needed system quality improvements into project plans.
- You will review and advise on architecture decisions. You will use your own technical understanding to identify and resolve risks and dependencies.
- Influence team technical priorities and strategy through data-driven contributions. You will advise on project prioritization and resource allocation to achieve a desired business outcome, resolve an architecture deficiency, or unblock delivery.
- Provide technical transparency through concise summaries for the programs you own to audiences at all levels of the organization, including executives. Foster a constructive dialogue, harmonize discordant views, and build agreement.
- Simplify. You will judiciously add and refine procedures. By applying project management best practices, you increase the productivity and effectiveness of the teams with which you work.
- Help plan for the unexpected, making sure that systems are not broken by changes related to the efforts you manage. You will plan projects that do not wear out individuals and system maintainability (and ability to evolve) is not compromised. Influence teams to decouple from dependencies and eliminate architecture problems that stifle innovation or cause user dissatisfaction, development collisions, and outages.
- You will report to the Community Products Director of Technical Program Management.
- 6+ years of experience as a technical project manager, developer lead, or equivalent.
- Owned delivery for multi-team technology projects.
- Shipped product on a live, large-scale system while managing upstream and downstream dependencies.
- Defined and refined processes for technical teams.
- An understanding of the architecture of the systems you work with (e.g., workflows, APIs, runtime characteristics, design limitations, and maintenance requirements).
- Ability to represent a team's data and infrastructure needs to partners.
- Experience managing post-launch support plans and running retrospectives/postmortems.
- Partnered with senior engineers, product managers, and other peers across organizations to ship projects.
- Developed others by mentoring your team on best practices.
- Experience with Analytics tools.
- Experience shipping scalable infrastructure products
- Experience creating and scaling organizational process efficiencies
- Experience with high-traffic consumer-facing applications
- Understanding of streaming, gaming, real-time analytics, or online entertainment
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Disability Insurance
- 401(k) , Maternity and Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution and Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships , off-site massages , etc )
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Twitch values your privacy. Please consult our Candidate Privacy Notice, for information about how we collect, use, and disclose personal information of our candidates.
Job ID: TW7278
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.