Senior Technical Program Manager
1 month ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
At PlayStation, our customer’s core experiences are enabled by the teams within the Identity Domain. Our teams provide core capabilities for Sign-In, Authentication and Authorization, 1st and 3rd party Account Linking, Privacy, and more for PlayStation’s Global Network Platform. Our agile team environment is highly collaborative with our engineering scrum teams, product management, quality assurance, and operations to execute on a continuous product delivery roadmap of features aimed at delighting our customers.
As part of our team and as a Senior Technical Program Manager you will play a key part in ensuring successful execution and delivery across engineering scrum teams within the Identity Domain.
Responsibilities within this role include:
- Leading initiatives in an agile and highly collaborative environment with multiple engineering scrum teams, product management, quality assurance, and operations to deliver high quality software.
- Flexing soft skills to generate a positive atmosphere of excitement and collaboration towards delighting customers and pushing the limits of technology.
- Managing delivery schedules and timelines across multiple products and teams, ensuring timelines are met and communication flows to all partners.
- Leading initiatives with teams that may include other Project Managers, Engineering, Design, Product and Operations personnel.
- Finding innovative solutions to problems. Simplify and communicate complex problems through clear communication to inspire changes in behavior.
- Being an advocate for continuous process improvement and push the limits of technology.
- Serving as the point of contact between product, engineering and design teams and continually drive towards a premium user experience.
- Use technical background to act as a bridge between engineers and decision makers. Effectively communicate with technical and non-technical audiences, including executive leadership.
- Facilitating large-sized programs and processes. We will look to you to enable cross-functional efforts and inspire the team to achieve outstanding results in a fast-paced environment
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in computer science or related field, or relevant experience.
- 5+ years of experience in Technical Program Management in an Agile software development environment.
- Knowledge of industry standards for building large scale and highly reliable consumer applications.
- Experience managing projects and dependencies across cross functional teams, building sustainable processes, and coordinating release schedules.
- Excellent people skills with the ability to drive cooperation and collaboration across multiple groups with varied priorities.
- Strong analytical skills and a sense of ownership.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent judgment, organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Experience working with globally distributed, customer-facing platforms
- Experience with leading technical initiatives utilizing AWS hosting.
- Experience as a developer or other technical role.
- Experience with Agile management systems, with Jira/Confluence being preferred
- Experience with the Scrum Master role understanding all the agile practices and ceremonies
At SIE, we consider several factors when setting each role’s base pay range, including the competitive benchmarking data for the market and geographic location.
Please note that the base pay range may vary in line with our hybrid working policy and individual base pay will be determined based on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location.
In addition, this role may be eligible for bonus and SIE’s top-tier benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, matching 401(k), paid time off, wellness program and coveted employee discounts for Sony products. Click here to learn more.
The estimated base pay range for this role is listed below.
$138,200 — $207,400 USD
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
For more information about our benefits, please visit our Careers site.