Senior Technical Program Manager
Vancouver, British Columbia
6 days ago
EA is looking for a Senior Technical Program Manager with a strong skill set in cross-platform SDKs, online services and documentation to help craft amazing developer experiences. Our team of tight-knit program managers collaborates with game teams, industry experts, and world-class technologists, to reimagine how people develop and manage technology services in games. This is an incredible opportunity to enrich the lives of EA's developers, producers, and quality engineers in meaningful ways.
As a Senior Technical Program Manager, you would be working closely with other program managers, product managers, engineers, scientists, researchers, and business stakeholders to deliver a rich SDK product experience that makes our partners smile. You will be expected to deliver cross-platform, highly functional, stable product releases to schedule and to world-class quality.
As EA moves towards a player network strategy to make gameplay smarter, better, and more personalized, the infrastructure to support this transformation is increasingly challenging due to complexity and scale. The focus of this role is to deliver products for game teams that help enable frictionless game development through central platform technology. It will require both the ability to understand and address current customer pain points. We also expect this role to come up with novel solutions to solve problems that will arise in the future. The EADP Developer Experience team makes it easy to create, manage, and monitor the entire suite of EADP services and infrastructure and to easily integrate these solutions within all EA games. If you’re passionate about working as a program manager to deliver developer experiences that are engaging, delightful, and easy to use to aid building amazing games whilst keeping developers smiling then this is the team for you!
In this role, you will provide program/project leadership, anticipate bottlenecks, mitigate project risks, make tradeoffs, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints as well as communicate broadly across EA. You will provide program leadership pertaining to how SDKs will be built and delivered within EADP and ultimately, by Game Studios. You will translate requirements across feature sets, security, performance, and costs – as well as process requirements to optimize the dev to production experience into deliverables and influence design and architectural decisions whilst resolving incidents, supporting developers and streamlining communications.
You will work with various teams across EA Digital Platform & Game Studios to identify and drive innovative solutions that enable teams to achieve business goals and product deliverables in an easy, efficient and reliable manner. A successful candidate will have a strong software development background, excellent problem solving, project management and communication skills.
- Proven Program Management experience in a distributed team environment (5+ years - this is not an entry-level position)
- Creative and strategic thinker who is able to consider user needs holistically across a broad spectrum of services along with a high degree of pragmatism, diligence, and attention to detail
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to work collaboratively with colleagues at all levels including in incident management and collating feedback
- Engage with other teams in the company, build strong relationships with partners, advocate for the team and your products throughout EA, and advocate for your users within the team
- Demonstrated ability to work on small, focused teams to complete critical milestones under pressure with tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to operate proactively with a high level of autonomy and minimal management oversight
- Enthusiasm for sharing knowledge and a hunger for learning new techniques
- Ability to act as the interface between the product manager and the software development teams. Understand the product and knows the right questions and whom to ask.
- Ability to steer the programs assigned in the right direction based on business priorities and constraints
- Ability to oversee the day-to-day progress of the project(s) and release initiatives with regard to schedule, scope, and quality
- Build and maintain a complete project schedule, make it constantly visible to management and key stakeholders, and drive it through to completion. Provide regular status reporting on progress.
- Ability to remove blockers, address incidents and ‘get things done’
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; extremely data-driven with the ability to lead the prioritization process
- Experience across all phases of product development utilizing Agile and Waterfall methodologies
- Experience with delivering live services
- Experience with game development
- Passionate about playing games
- Experience working with ALM solutions (JIRA, Confluence, etc.)
- A solid foundation in computer science, prior experience as a software developer preferred
- BS, MS in Computer Science or a related technical discipline (or equivalent)