Senior Technical Program Manager
17 days ago
Who We Are
Founded in 2005, 2K Games is a global video game company, publishing titles developed by some of the most influential game development studios in the world. Our studios responsible for developing 2K’s portfolio of world-class games across multiple platforms, include Visual Concepts, Firaxis, Hangar 13, CatDaddy, Cloud Chamber, and HB Studios. Our portfolio of titles is expanding due to our global strategic plan, building and acquiring exciting studios whose content continues to inspire all of us! 2K publishes titles in today’s most popular gaming genres, including sports, shooters, action, role-playing, strategy, casual, and family entertainment.
Our team of engineers, marketers, artists, writers, data scientists, producers, thinkers and doers, are the professional publishing stewards of our growing library of critically-acclaimed franchises such as NBA 2K, Battleborn, BioShock, Borderlands, The Darkness, Mafia, Sid Meier’s Civilization, WWE 2K, and XCOM.
At 2K, we pride ourselves on creating an inclusive work environment, which means encouraging our teams to Come as You Are and do your best work! We are dedicated to diversity and inclusion, and want our community of candidates to reflect this commitment. We encourage all qualified applicants to explore our global positions.
2K is headquartered in Novato, California and is a wholly owned label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO).
What we are looking for:
2K is looking for a Senior Technical Program Manager to drive the launch of multiple inter-connected programs. This role requires working closely with product management and software development groups across the organization to ensure successful delivery of critical initiatives. The position requires regular communication with executive management for status, risks, and mitigations. Excellent listening and writing skills, as well as strong technical competency is essential. The ideal candidate can focus on both delivery and customers. You should have experience managing multiple complete product development cycles, possess superior analytical abilities and expert product judgment. A successful candidate will have a technical background, strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and great project management and communication competencies.
What you need:
- Experience executing corporate-wide initiatives: define project plans, coordinate resources, manage implementation activities, and develop all processes associated with program rollout and ongoing support.
- High degree of competency with program management including, Agile methodology, identifying and managing risks, tracking dependencies and milestones, and communicating overall program status
- High energy and a positive outlook with the passion to make things better at every opportunity
- Excellent collaboration at all levels, with crisp and compelling verbal and written communication skills including presentation skills and listening skills with the ability to present complex technical information clearly and concisely to varying audiences
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- A deep understanding of the software development process, and a track record of shipping software on time
- Experience influencing senior management and setting expectations for major cross-functional initiatives.
- Prior success driving multiple inter-connected programs, leading cross-functional teams to take products to market, ensuring success metrics inform future efforts, and fine-tuning the program as needed.
- 10+ years’ experience as a Technical Program Manager
- Global experience (program launches in multiple geographies simultaneously)
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations, and drive actions
- Experience communicating with senior management
- Demonstrated ability to independently solve ambiguous problems
- Ability to identify better ways of working at scale through building new mechanisms and processes, and ability to deliver against lofty goals on time
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to ensuring that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform their essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us if you need reasonable accommodation.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never uses instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use 2K.com accounts.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.