Senior Technical Program Manager - San Francisco, CA
12 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
We are seeking a Senior Technical Program Manager (TPM) to be the technical delivery driver and champion of our product engineering team. In this role, the Senior TPM will act as a servant leader who collaboratively plans, executes, and mitigates risks and dependencies while providing crisp, timely communication to partners.
Have a passion for delivering lightning-quick applications to millions of users across the globe? If so, we want to talk!
With strong technical skills, the Senior TPM will work with multiple scrum teams of engineers and work closely with globally distributed engineering teams and influence them to deliver fast, performant experiences to our millions of customers. You've shown solid leadership in leading teams and programs to deliver performant applications.
You will use industry standard methodologies for scheduling, tracking and execution of our projects as well as initiating, planning, and executing intermediate-to-large cross team or company-wide programs.
You will have a balance of people, organizational, and technical skills, and can execute and deliver successfully in situations with implicit authority. Interaction and leadership across functional lines is critical.
- Act as overall lead in driving analysis and driving of solutions for business requirements
- Measure and identify applications with performance opportunity and work with them to improve their overall application performance
- Handle all phases of development of new performance tools including design, development, testing, and deployment, while collaborating with other internal teams and groups who are our customers
- Ensures all project documentation and tracking tools are complete and current
- Maintains team focus on strategy and goal-oriented results
- You will provide ongoing visibility into the progress, risks, schedules, and timelines of the features in development
- You will develop and manage end-to-end implementations toward technical standards and expected delivery dates
- 5+ years of Program Management and Project Management experience with high-volume online user experiences.
- Project Management experience with agile methodologies, including experience with scrum master, software architect, product manager and/or product owner roles.
- Strong communication, cross-group collaboration, and interpersonal skills
- Prior experience as a software developer or tester
- Ability to influence teams to improve their application performance
- Ability to develop tools and processes that will unlock performance improvements
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline or equivalent experience in hardware or software development with a demonstrated technical capability
- Detail oriented with experience leading cross-functional teams to product delivery
- Keen eye for detail and handling multiple simultaneous dependencies.
- Ability to influence teams remotely working with globally distributed teams and travel to collaborate when necessary.
- Strong sense of ownership.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills to effectively communicate equally well to executives, product managers, software engineers, and project managers
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information , including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information , including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.