Senior Technical Product Manager, R&D
11 days ago
As a Senior Technical Product Manager at Unity, your role will provide an objective and clear understanding of how our product is used, how it competes in the market, and how we can best help our game developers realize their creative visions. First and foremost, this role is technical. Unity is an engineering led organization and your role will entail working closely with engineering teams across different game development disciplines to provide detailed data for planning and feedback on feature development. This role is an opportunity to blend your technical skills with strategic planning, and embed yourself alongside our world-class engineering teams to provide insight into customer use, demand for shipped features, features in development and future areas of growth. You will gain hands-on experience in the development process from a code and design perspective. Seeing as Unity is a product for users of all skill levels, you will closely collaborate with both UX Research and UX Design teams to put the user at the center of the development process.
This position will be in Copenhagen, Denmark, and international travel is to be expected regularly once it is safe to do so.
- Collaborate with our engineering teams to provide user stories, use cases and market data. This will involve liaising with game studios, both at indie and enterprise level, in addition to extracting meaningful data from community and internal databases
- Be a technical expert in the competitive landscape that Unity operates in and lead research to deliver technical analysis and insights to internal teams
- Align with the engineering teams to collaborate on the feature lifecycle for innovative game technology from strategic planning, feature definition, development of the commercial case, through to the market entry and positioning stages
- Work as part of a team of Product Managers to design and guide the software development of game development technology, features and functionality. The Product Management group is responsible for defining a high-level product roadmap
- Track product and feature performance; identify key performance indicators
- Assist in representing the product to all of the appropriate market groups including clients, suppliers and strategic partners
- Assist in building business cases and analytical insight for new business initiatives: this requires identifying key issues, quantitatively analyzing related metrics, and communicating results
- Experience in software development using C++, C# or another major language
- Demonstrated experience successfully developing and managing new product features, including a proven ability to champion product enhancements throughout the lifecycle and through to successful launch
- Experience with technical product management in a leading gaming, software or technology platform development business
- Solid understanding of the software development process and software products
- Exceptional product management, communication, and leadership skills
- Great team player that works well in collaborative situations
- Sound business understanding and ability to build business case around a product or service
About Unity Technologies
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.