Senior Technical Product Manager
1 month ago
Who We Are
Take-Two develops and publishes some of the world's biggest games. Our Rockstar label creates Grand Theft Auto and Red Dead Redemption, two of the most critically acclaimed gaming franchises in history. Our 2K label creates games like NBA 2K, WWE 2K, Bioshock, Borderlands, Evolve, XCOM and the beloved Sid Meier's Civilization. Our Private Division label publishes Kerbal Space Program, The Outer Worlds, and will publish upcoming titles with Obsidian Entertainment, Panache Digital Games and more.
Take 2 Direct to Consumer (D2C)
The Direct to Consumer team is a (well-funded) startup within Take-Two. We have offices in San Francisco and Vancouver and have built a culture that enables remote work. We're building a commerce and distribution platform for our game labels, partnering directly with our studios to bring value company-wide. Our team is small and agile – we release to our users quickly, and constantly iterate to elevate our product’s quality. We seek regular feedback from our users and labels to make sure we are delivering at and above expectations. We believe in giving our studios the flexibility they need to create the world's greatest games, so we plan to offer a variety of interfaces using modern technology and best practices. Our success is measured by our impact on gamers and developers, not presentations or promises.
We’re looking for an experienced Senior Technical Product Manager to partner with the Core Tech organization within 2K to orchestrate multiple offerings inside the back-end-as-a-service platform. You’ll work closely with Engineers and game teams to extend existing services and bring new concepts to a product launch. Using customer feedback, research, and data you’ll continue to improve the products you ship and delight our customers!
- Define product features, roadmaps, and releases for user facing products based on D2C team strategy and vision
- Translate these into business requirements to create product specifications and architecture for each product
- Understand the latest trends in online games, no matter the device they are played on
- Work closely with external game teams, publishing partners, Program Managers, Developers and QA to deliver key features and products to market
- Communicate key insights and results
- Create buy-in for the product both within our team and our studios
- 4-5+ years of managing highly technical products
- Understanding of HTTP-based API concepts like REST, GraphQL and gRPC
- Understanding of microservices and serverless; able to compare and contrast
- Strong oral and written communication skills; extremely attentive to detail
- Familiarity with A/B testing and use of experimentation
- Previous experience delivering products with Software Engineers as your customer
- Ability to explain technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences
- An attitude of achievement when our partners are successful
- Bachelor’s degree in technical field required. MBA preferred
- Recent experience with console certification and requirements, XRs, TRCs etc. a strong plus
- Passion for video games strong plus
- Previous experience with delivering an API to internal customers is a plus
What We Offer You:
- Great Company Culture. Ranked as one of the most creative and innovative places to work, creativity, innovation, efficiency, diversity and philanthropy are among the core tenets of our organization and are integral drivers of our continued success.
- Growth. As a global entertainment company, we pride ourselves on creating environments where employees are encouraged to be themselves, inquisitive, collaborative and to grow within and around the company.
- Work Hard, Play Hard. Our employees bond, blow-off steam, and flex some creative muscles – through corporate boot camp classes, company parties, game release events, monthly socials, and team challenges.
- Benefits. Medical, dental, vision, pension plan, employee stock purchase plan, commuter benefits, in-house wellness program, broad learning & development opportunities, a charitable giving platform with company match and more!
- Perks. Fitness allowance, employee discount programs, free games & events, stocked pantries and the ability to earn up to $500+ per year for taking care of yourself and more.
Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (“T2”) is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, which means we are committed to creating and celebrating diverse thoughts, cultures, and backgrounds throughout our organization. Employment at T2 is based on substantive ability, objective qualifications, and work ethic – not an individual’s race, creed, color, religion, sex or gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin or ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, status as a victim of domestic violence or sex offenses, reproductive health decision, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.