This job might no longer be available.
Technical Product Manager (Temporary)
Vancouver British Columbia Canada
18 days ago
EA Create, Vancouver, Canada
EA Create is a collective of content production teams partnering with EA Studios game teams to bring outstanding visuals, audio and technology to life. Our teams comprise of artists, engineers, technicians, designers and development directors. Worldwide, we combine our teams to form a global group of extraordinary individuals fueled by imagination and a unified passion for creating amazing visuals, sound and experiences. We are a diverse team, unified through collaboration, culture and craft.
The Tools & Technology enables creativity by building and supporting tools and pipelines that move content from third-party digital content creation (DCC) packages into the game engine.
The Challenge Ahead:
As a Senior Product Manager, you will initially focus on a large asset library product that has been initiated within EA Create. However, it needs to go wider. You will expand the vision and stakeholder group for this product, shaping a system to allow EA to bring better and more creative AAA games to market faster. You will establish a product that can exponentially improve our efficiency, supplying high-quality, curated and shareable content to teams across EA, content that’s designed for maximum longevity.
As a Senior Technical Product Manager on the team, your job will be to work with partners and the broad partner groups across EA globally, to identify their needs, to translate those needs into a long-term vision and a roadmap for the solution, and to support that roadmap. You will take on large-scale challenges and shaping solutions to have an impact at the highest level within EA.
- Shape, promote, and implement the long-term vision for your product across EA.
- Manage a wide group of stakeholders across EA, focusing on building relationships, understanding their needs, identifying overlaps and promoting engagement and agreement on important features across the players.
- Translate partner needs into a product roadmap and work with the Product Lead to create well-defined technical requirements to feed into the technical development plan.
- Surface and provide data insights to drive metrics, measure success, inform the choices made, and uncover new opportunities.
- Ensure the vision, strategy and road maps are documented and communicated, to maintain agreement across the development team, stakeholders and the leadership group.
- Produce, conduct, and oversee product demos, training, documentation, and onboarding to a broad set of customers, from artists to senior leaders.
- Shape the Product Manager role for the EA Create team – reporting to the Department Head of Tools and Technology, you will be the first Product Manager in EA Create and will draw on your experience, and standards from other parts of EA, to shape the processes and approach to managing products.
- 7+ years' experience in product management.
- Experience and passion for delivering customer-focused software products, in areas such as large-scale asset management, digital marketplaces, e-commerce, or digital backlots.
- Understanding of software development lifecycle principles and familiarity with Agile development processes.
- Bonus: experience working with artist/content creators across multiple domains.
- The success profile for this role isn’t just one: We are open to people with different backgrounds and previous experiences. What’s most important is your capabilities and your approach to the work.