Senior Technical Product Manager, Risk & Fraud
Irvine California 92618 United States of America
12 days ago
Job Title:Senior Technical Product Manager, Risk & Fraud
Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a talented and enthusiastic Senior Product Manager to help us continue to build an anti-fraud and anti-cheat platform features by joining the Battle.net and Online Products – Platform Security team.
The Battle.net & Online Products organization is home to 300+ superpowered engineers, product managers, and designers focused on the technology that powers Blizzard Entertainment’s games. Whether you’re playing one of our titles, chatting with friends, or just shopping online, B&OP ensures that our players are immersed in engaging, exciting, and secure experiences.
Our team provides the services that power a global scale anti-fraud and anti-cheat platform, protected our accounts, players, and revenue streams from bad actors. This role will work across Activision and Blizzard platform, game, and business teams to identify short and long-term solutions to complex problems that arise when operating the leading premier gaming platform in the world. You'll need to put on your hacker hat to think like the bad guy, work closely with engineers, analysts and business to identify weaknesses in our systems, and build effective countermeasures into our systems that balance technical, product, and security goals.
We're looking for a highly detail-oriented and data-driven technical mind to dive deep into our existing systems, determine goals, propose solutions, drive alignment on specifications, and ultimately execute and deliver high-quality products.
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
• Define and execute on a platform vision for anti-fraud and ant-cheat services.
• Effectively communicate with senior business, technical, and design leadership the opportunities and risks of new features, promotions and partnerships to our platform and players.
• Build functional specifications, user stories, and maintain our roadmap, working daily with platform security scrum teams to translate that into execution.
• Supported by a team of operations, identify novel threats against our systems, identify short term mitigations, and translate this into future platform product improvements.
• Build partnerships and generate consensus across a cross-functional team to develop products and features on time and with measurable value.
• Be a champion for security across the organization.
• Build a healthy team culture, built around Blizzard values.
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience with product and project management for highly technical products.
• Solid understanding of service-oriented architectures and design especially in communicating elements of a complex system to partners of varying technical expertise.
• Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills. Comfortable giving presentations to large groups and senior management.
• Unrelenting self-motivation and initiative; an enthusiastic “can-do” attitude is a must.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
• Software development background or experience.
• Experience with global-scale systems, including China.
• Experience working with PII/personal data.
• Expertise in JIRA, Confluence, or comparable team collaboration applications.
• Scrum Alliance certifications (CSM, CSPO, CSP) or PMI certifications (PMP, ACP)
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work/life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!