Senior Technical Product Manager, DOTS
Burbank, California, United States
8 days ago
As a Technical Product Manager at Unity focused on our data oriented technology stack, you will work with our DOTS team to develop a vision of how Unity can best rollout this new technology. Working with Unity customers and leveraging your past experience shipping titles, the team will look to you to provide objective insights that build a deep understanding of how our product is used, what challenges we face in the market, and help ensure DOTS can address the needs of our customers. You will play a key part in the development of the roadmap of our future architecture of the world’s most popular realtime 3D engine focusing on unlocking the full potential of the hardware our users ship on. Have a global impact by helping our developers continue to deliver products to billions of users around the world. Work with our marketing team to help craft communications plans that inspire our global community. This is an opportunity to blend your technical skills and insightful understanding of the games industry to help champion its future.
This position will be in Burbank, California, US and can be done remotely while Covid-19 restrictions apply. International travel will be expected regularly once it is safe to do so.
- Work as part of a team of Product Managers to guide the production of game development technology, features and functionality and is also responsible for defining a high-level product roadmap
- Collaborating with our engineering organization to inform their understanding of what our users need by providing user stories, use cases, and market data as this will involve liaising with game studios, both at indie and enterprise level, in addition to extracting meaningful data from community and internal databases
- Be a technical authority in the competitive landscape that Unity operates in and lead research to deliver technical analysis and insights to internal teams and working with marketing to craft a release plan
- Be a spokesperson representing the product to all of the appropriate market groups including clients, suppliers and strategic partners and track product and feature performance; identify key performance indicators
- Assist in building business cases and analytical insight for new business initiatives - as this requires identifying key issues, quantitatively analyzing related metrics, and communicating results
- You need experience in software development using C++, C# or another major language
- A previous role where you acted in technical product management or related activities in a leading gaming or platform development business
- You have demonstrated experience successfully developing and guiding new product feature delivery, including a proven ability to champion product enhancements through to successful launch
- You’re experienced in releasing software on Mobile, PC, or Console platforms
- You come equipped with a solid understanding of modern techniques used to develop software at scale
- You are a great collaborator and will have excellent product management, communication, and leadership skills
About Unity Technologies
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.