Senior Technical Product Manager - Cloud & Infrastructure
15 days ago
The Central Technology team at Zynga provides products and services that are foundational for building games across mobile and emerging platforms. We focus on shared client & server technology and features that drives the underlying gameplay experience. We’re looking for outstanding leaders with a passion for technology and the ability to work with a diverse team. As a Senior Technical Product Manager for Central Technology, you will be responsible for leading Product to design, develop, and maintain Zynga’s platform portfolio, which accelerates game development and streamlines live operations. This role will involve developing the strategies that result in innovative, scalable, containerized cloud services that help propel our games to success, in a cost-effective way. Your immediate area of responsibility will be leading product for the Cloud Engineering and Kubernetes teams; however as you grow in your role, this may expand to include other special projects such as international expansion projects, etc.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years of experience in software engineering.
- 2+ years of experience in product management in web, mobile, infrastructure, cloud, developer tools or game development. This role could also be a great fit for someone with architect-level engineering experience with strong product sense.
- Ability to create wireframes, product specifications and white papers.
- Experience managing live web or mobile applications and/or games with multivariate testing is preferred.
- Exceptional data analysis skills, including being able to write scripts or queries yourself to get the data you need.
- Great presentation skills and ability to present work to executive staff.
- Opinionated about what great APIs and developer experiences should be.
- Outstanding written/oral, organizational, analytical skills, and attention to detail
- Ability to provide clear direction, set measurable goals and give insight on industry trends.
- MS degree. MBA preferred.
You will be a perfect fit if:
- You have a passion for Cloud and enjoy figuring out what products from cloud providers like Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud or Azure you might want to use to improve your life.
- You crave building product strategy and seeing it come to life via personalized experiences. You have deep insight and point of views on similar offerings from 3rd parties such as Firebase, Unity, and AWS.
- You embrace working with game and other partner teams to understand their needs, monitor market and tech trends and synthesize them to develop the Central Technology Cloud roadmap. You can negotiate, prioritize and balance creativity and pragmatism while developing a roadmap that is aligned with our partner teams.
- You are passionate about the need for aesthetic, idiomatic APIs and great developer experiences.
- You love playing with data. You establish meaningful metrics for your products, analyze them and utilize them to improve products.
- You take pride in evangelizing your products. You are humble when gaps are identified and are motivated to close them.
- You were a software engineer or have a strong engineering background. You enjoy solving problems and partnering with engineering leadership to find creative solutions with educated trade-offs. If you can’t find a solution, you will dig deep and present alternatives.
- You are an empathetic leader, and can understand and relate to partner teams and peers. You get a kick out of helping them.
- You can explain a complicated topic, e. g. Public Key Cryptography, to a 6-year-old. You can communicate clearly and write well.
What we offer you:
- Zynga Stock RSUs and Bonus Plan.
- Full medical, dental, vision benefits as well as life insurance.
- Catered lunch daily (when we are back in the office).
- Generous Paid Maternity/Paternity leave.
- Open vacation policy for many employees.
- Flexible working hours on many teams & remote-friendly work environment.
- Casual dress every single day.
- Work with cool people!
Zynga is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud of our diverse community; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome candidates, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds. Join us!
Zynga will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
Zynga is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you need an accommodation during the interview process, please let us know.