Senior Technical Manager, Application Security
19 days ago
Job Title:Senior Technical Manager, Application Security
Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a dedicated and motivated Senior Technical Manager to lead our Application Security team.
The ideal candidate is an experienced leader with technical knowledge and a deep passion for security. This person should have experience with a variety of systems, languages, tools, and architectures.
About Our Team
On Platform Security, we take Play Nice; Play Fair to heart. We are a mix of software engineers, data scientists, program managers, analysts who work together to ensure our company and our players have a safe and secure experience.
We work as partners across all of Blizzard’s games, services, and technologies – not only security technologies. It’s an incredible place to have impact at company scale, while contributing meaningfully to building world class game experiences that delight our players.
Reporting to the Technical Director, Platform Security, you will manage and grow a dedicated group of Application Security engineers within the Platform Security team, while fostering a diverse, dynamic, and inclusive environment. You will partner with our development teams to enhance the security of their development practices and products. This will sometimes require you to conduct and lead various technical engagements with our development partners.
What the Senior Technical Manager will do in Platform Security
- Mentor and grow a small team of application security engineers that is focused on improving existing security practices and developing security tools
- Partner with development teams to introduce and improve security practices during the software development lifecycle
- Develop and enhance new and existing security-focused tools, systems and services that enable developers to be secure by default
- Perform security reviews and provide insights throughout all phases of software development
- Evaluate the impact to the organization of current security advisories, publications, and trends
- Help detect, highlight, and close security vulnerabilities that surface during the software development lifecycle
- Maintain positive lines of communication and relationships with teammates across Blizzard
- Foster and engaging, fulfilling, and fun working environment that is inclusive and diverse
Who You Are?
- 3+ years managing software development, anti-cheat, or application security engineers
- 5+ years in security, application security, anti-cheat, or an adjacent field
- Experienced in one or more statically typed languages (C/C++, Java, C#, etc.)
- Understanding of common security problems associated with software written in Java and/or C/C++
- Ability to discover and demonstrate flaws such as SQL injection, XSS, and CSRF
- Familiarity with Web-related technologies (e.g. HTTP, SOAP, REST, TCP / IP, Message Queuing)
- Working knowledge of database security
- Experience with application security testing tools
- Familiarity with encryption technologies (e.g. TLS, HMAC, RSA, AES, PKI)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, related field, or equivalent experience
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! At Activision Blizzard, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply !
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.