Senior Technical Director
5 days ago
We are EA
And we make games – how cool is that? We entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is challenging work. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
The EA Studios Data and Insights group (SDI) is responsible for bringing both quantitative and qualitative insights to the entire company (including all game teams) via Studio Analytics, Data Engineering and Data Science. The Analytics Solutions team is the engineering branch of SDI and is responsible for developing and improving our Studios data technical capabilities.
The Studios Analytics Solutions team is looking for a Sr. Technical Director with a proven track record in the data, analytics & live service space. Reporting to the Sr. Director of Analytics Solutions, you will be instrumental in designing, delivering and supporting scalable solutions used across the portfolio.
What you’ll do...
- Responsible for all technical decisions on infrastructure, cloud, and data solutions across the Analytics Solutions team and for their successful execution
- Drive multi-year technical planning across projects, with an eye on innovation and emerging analytics technologies
- Establish robust engineering standards and processes across the engineering team
- Ensure software design and implementation decisions are promptly made and clearly communicated
- Use metrics and analytics to anticipate future technology issues affecting the health or quality of the team and products
- Manage technical risks and opportunities
- Work with other team leaders to manage change
- Lead, coach and mentor software engineers on the team
- Recruit and retain great people to the team and company
Ideally you have...
- Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent degree
- Minimum of 10 years of software development experience in the Data/Analytics industry
- Minimum of 5 years managing highly technical resources and engineers in the Data/Analytics industry
- A desire to remain technically capable and an expert in current technologies
- Excellent personal organization, ability to prioritize, proactively drive projects to completion
- Balanced technical, team, product, project and business requirements for successful outcomes
- Change management, experience adapting/changing status quo and traversing changes with people, products, and processes.
- Experience developing new talent
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- RRSP (Canada) or 401K (USA) with company match and no vesting period.
- Restricted stock units for new hires.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Paid time off and holiday office closures including shutdown between Christmas and New Year's.
- Generous parental leave for new parents.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and other health and welfare plans.
- Disability, Life, and AD&D insurance benefits.
- Flexible Spending Accounts for heath and child care.
- Free games and company store with discounts on games and consoles.
- Other perks include education assistance, commuter benefits, adoption assistance, legal services, mental health support, and group home, auto, and pet insurance.