This job might no longer be available.
Senior Technical Designer
18 days ago
As part of a multidisciplinary production team, develop and maintain gameplay ingredients, systems and pipelines to create game features and content within the scope of a project. Support other disciplines by bridging the gap between engineering and design. Constantly seek to improve production efficiency and product quality
- Drive the prototyping of technical elements of game features;
- Collaborate with the Technical Directors to establish and share the project’s technical constraints;
- Keep up to date with game design, assess game features, highlight risks, and work with Technical Director to design and develop systemic solutions;
- Help maintain a balance between the creative vision for the project and the technical constraints;
- Define and champion best practices, guidelines and standards;
- Collaborate with the Leads and Technical Direction to set the project metrics;
- Follow and champion the project metrics;
- Review and validate content to ensure that it meets technical standards conforms to metrics and best practices, communicate issues to designers;
- Collaborate with others in the development of innovative content and contribute to efforts to improve the technical quality of the content;
- Document and communicate changes to affected stakeholders;
- Assess tools and pipelines and work with the Technical Director to design and implement improvements;
- Validate new features and tools, participate in their deployment to the rest of the team;
- Contribute to documentation and organise training sessions for all designers on the tools and methods used on the project;
- Debug and implement reliable solutions to difficult issues;
- Provide technical support on the tools and engines to the team.
Skills and Knowledge
- Visual scripting or coding in at least one language;
- Curiosity and drive to understand how things work;
- Solid analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Ability to understand and communicate in technical language;
- Ability to clearly express and present ideas;
- Knowledge of industry standard technologies and workflows
- Development experience in a design or technical role, with significant involvement in 1 released products a plus;
- Full-lifecycle experience;
- Bachelor’s degree in game-design, programming or equivalent industry experience;
- Experience with 3D engines (Such as Unity, Unreal, CryEngine etc.);
- Training or experience in programming is an asset
Benefits & Relocation
We’re offering flexible working with some remote work available, 25 days annual leave + Christmas shutdown (usually 3 days), private healthcare (with option to add immediate family), life insurance & income protection, workplace pension scheme, paid volunteering days, annual fitness & well-being allowance, games, technology & merchandise, subsidised travel and excellent relocation support, should you need it!
Find out more about Ubisoft Leamington: https://reflections.ubisoft.com/about/ubisoft-leamington/
Ubisoft Code of Conduct
Ubisoft offers the same job opportunities to all, without any distinction of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, social status, disability or age. Ubisoft ensures the development of an inclusive work environment which mirrors the diversity of our gamers community.
Ubisoft is one of the world's biggest creators, publishers and distributors of videogames and interactive services. The group has a broad portfolio of internationally renowned brands such as Assassin's Creed, Ghost Recon, Just Dance, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Rainbow Six...
Supported by a worldwide network of studios and distribution subsidiaries, the teams at Ubisoft are dedicated to offering players original and unforgettable game experiences on all popular platforms, including consoles, smartphones, tablets and PCs.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.