Senior Technical Designer
Redwood City, CA, United States
4 days ago
Crystal Dynamics, a part of the Square-Enix family, is constantly on the hunt for top-tier gaming talent worldwide. We pride ourselves on attracting and developing the best talent available to concept, create, and contribute to the most exciting projects in gaming today including Tomb Raider, Rise of the Tomb Raider, and the upcoming Marvel’s Avengers. Benefits for this permanent, full-time position include a competitive salary, 100% employer-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance options and plenty of days of paid time-off.
Crystal Dynamics is seeking a Technical Designer that has a passion for scripting, collaborating with engineering, improving workflow pipelines, creating systems and solving tough technical design challenges. We’re looking for creative candidates that are passionate about creating the infrastructure that the design team will be using to author gameplay. Ideal candidates will have a critical eye for fun, quality, and optimized scripting solutions as well as thrive in collaborative creative environments.
- Implement game features based on designs using our internal tools.
- Create documentation on systems and best practices
- Define and redefine workflows, improving the efficiency of other Designers.
- Work with the team to conceptualize, prototype, continually iterate, balance and tune features and gameplay based on feedback.
- Be an advocate of the tool base and suggest/implement improvements to internal pipelines where it makes sense.
- Be an advocate for best practices and enforce authoring guidelines
- Collaborate with designers and programmers to create and support systems
- Autonomously propose improvements to authoring
- 4-6 years experience as a Technical Designer
- Minimum of 1-2 shipped AAA titles
- A strong motivation to empower the design team
- Experience on at least one shipped AAA console title as a technical designer or systems designer
- Extensive experience with visual scripting: Blueprint or equivalent experience
- Knowledge and understanding of game design fundamentals
- Understanding of programming principles
- Solid understanding of gameplay features and asset management
- Understanding of tools and work flows, ability to identify improvements for level designers
- Able to communicate and collaborate effectively with your teammates across multiple locations and disciplines
Crystal Dynamics is an EOE and M/F/D/V employer.