ABOUT US: Archiact Interactive is a Vancouver-based Virtual Reality (VR) Game Studio that develops new and unique ways for people to play games and interact with each other. We partner with IP holders, large publishers, and tech brands to create and deliver immersive, high-end game experiences across multiple platforms with a special focus on building new tools for cutting edge emerging technology. We are a hybrid studio with employees all across Canada, reporting into our headquarters in Vancouver, BC. We have a new studio incorporated in Toronto, Ontario. Our Ontario studio is 100% remote at this time, with plans to open a new office in the future.
OUR GAMES: We have published over 30 VR tiles since 2013 on every major platform and in every major global market. Recent titles include DOOM 3: VR Edition (on PSVR), FREEDIVER: Triton Down (on PC, PSVR and Oculus Quest), and MARVEL: Dimension of Heroes (a smartphone-powered Superhero experience built for Lenovo Mirage AR). We are currently in the early stages of several new and highly innovative projects with prominent industry partners and are searching for the best and the brightest to help us transform the world of VR game development.
OUR VALUES: Archiact’s core values are focused on innovation, diversity & inclusion, kindness & respect, creative integrity, open communication, and the strong belief that VR game experiences offer unique opportunities for human connection, discovery, well-being, and joy. At Archiact, equity, diversity, and inclusivity is developed and directed by our employees, allowing us to build innovative and immersive experiences that are accessible and meaningful to a wider audience. We seek to build a diverse team, and to nurture a safe, inclusive work environment where everyone can thrive.
ROLE OVERVIEW: We are looking for a passionate Senior Technical Designer who enjoys working on an agile and fast paced team that is bringing high quality VR projects to life. We are a Vancouver-based studio but are happy to consider candidates from all over Canada to work remotely. We also offer relocation assistance to candidates from outside of BC, Canada.
ABOUT YOU: You are comfortable working in a close-knit and collaborative team with a wide range of skill sets and personalities. You enjoy the creative problem-solving process required to bring original concepts and high-profile IPs to life in an immersive experience. You thrive in teams and are open to bringing new ideas to the table to assist in raising the quality bar of the end product.
- Reporting to the Creative Director, you will work with the design team to guide and create gameplay content.
- Oversee the technical design process.
- Assisting and providing guidance to the other technical designers.
- Provide training on the technical side of design.
- Build Tools and Pipelines according to the Design Team requirements.
- Aid in assembling and tuning content.
- Participate and guide designs, including objective and narrative ideas.
- Troubleshoot gameplay and architecture issues which might impact content creation and integration, and develop workflows to compensate for such limitations.
- Have shipped at least one title in a Senior role.
- Demonstrable knowledge of one or more scripting or visual scripting languages.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- A self-starter with a strong work ethic.
- A team-player attitude with the ability to collaborate effectively with various stakeholders in a fast-paced environment.
NICE TO HAVE:
- Strong understanding of optimization techniques, particularly in code and visual scripting.
- Experience working with VR/AR hardware.
BENEFITS & PERKS - WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- A competitive base salary.
- Comprehensive extended health and wellness benefits including employee assistance program (in effect from first day of employment).
- Annual Health & Wellness allowance.
- Paid studio closure for the Winter Holidays.
- Paid vacation time and sick days.
- We offer the choice of fully remote, in-studio, or a hybrid work arrangement for Vancouver employees. Team members in other provinces are welcomed on a remote working basis.
- Relocation assistance for candidates outside of Canada.
- An opportunity to work on a high-profile IP.
- The chance to be part of an experienced, high-achieving and fun team.
- An international and diverse atmosphere.
- The opportunity to help pave the way for the future of VR gaming.