This job might no longer be available.
Senior Technical Artist - Poker
Chicago, IL, United States
6 months ago
The Senior Technical Artist collaborates with a team of fellow technical artists and mobile engineers to effectively implement completed art assets and facilitate seamless asset integration in Unity. The Technical Artist acts as a bridge between the art and engineering teams, championing optimal performance and efficiency in the game’s final visual assets, as well as works to effectively solve any art-related bugs or hitches that may arise during production.
* Effective communication with team members of varying disciplines including written documentation of pipeline processes
* Core Photoshop CS6 skills such as compositing, tiling, and export optimization
* Expertise with Unity 3D: shaders, prefab creation, lighting. Bonus: NGUI
* Familiarity with Maya, including rigging, model optimization, and UV texturing
* Technical background in developing scripts, Photoshop actions, and other automation tools necessary for art implementation and optimization
* Clear understanding of particle systems and animation processes
* Ability to create quick functional prototypes using Unity
* Experience with asset optimization for the efficient use of resources
* Ability to support the art team with troubleshooting and technical assistance
* Strong problem-solving methodology
*Scripting with C#
* 4+ years experience in games development, with shipped titles
* Prior experience with version control software such as Perforce
* Please send Portfolio samples, which may range from optimization exercises to examples of creative problem-solving within a given art pipeline.
What we offer you:
- Zynga Stock RSUs and Bonus Plan
- Full medical, dental, vision benefits as well as life insurance
- Catered lunch daily
- Generous Paid Maternity/Paternity leave
- Open vacation policy for many employees
- Flexible working hours on many teams
- Casual dress every single day
- Work with cool people!
Zynga is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud of our diverse community; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome candidates, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds. Join us!
Zynga will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
Zynga is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you need an accommodation during the interview process, please let us know.