Senior Technical Artist
23 days ago
At Wizards of the Coast, we connect people around the world through play and imagination. From our genre defining games like Magic: The Gathering® and Dungeons & Dragons® to our growing multiverse, we continue to innovate and build new ways to foster friendship and connection. That’s where you come in!
Atomic Arcade is a brand-new video game development studio located in the Raleigh-Durham, North Carolina area led by industry veterans from AAA game and film studios. We are in the process of staffing up our development team with outstanding talent to build our first multi-platform, AAA game - a bold and contemporary new take on the GI JOE Universe starring the legendary character Snake Eyes! This is an excellent opportunity to not only build an outstanding AAA experience but to also help form the core foundations for the studio and team to build upon. We are proud to be part of Wizards of the Coast which is a division Hasbro.
We are looking for a skilled Senior Technical Artist with a strong passion for collaborating with artists and developers to refine the pipelines and techniques that will deliver our AAA vision.
What You'll Do:
- Develop custom workflows using scripts and coded tool solutions in support of the character and asset teams.
- Maintain the integrity of art pipelines by identifying inefficiencies then recommending and implementing improvements.
- Facilitate technical art communication across teams by providing clear and constructive feedback and mentorship.
- Collaborate with a diverse and distributed team to promote innovation and refine the visual quality of our games
- Align artists around technical standards for asset creation.
- Troubleshoot and help resolve challenges through technical solutions.
What You'll Bring:
- Demonstrate advanced knowledge in character pipelines and workflows.
- Experience working with physically-based material systems, and advanced rendering techniques.
- Knowledge of modular asset pipelines.
- A strong background in driving optimization and performance while understanding limitations of various platforms.
- Desire and knowledge of how to push technology and tools further.
- Experience developing in a AAA real-time game engine.
- Scripting experience in Python, C#, Blueprint or other.
- Experience multi-tasking and adapting easily to change.
- Passion for making and playing games.
- Enthusiastic, positive, team-oriented; must have the ability to interact and collaborate with all departments and teams.
- Self-sufficient and self-motivated, can perform duties with little oversight.
Nice to Have:
- Shipped a title in Unreal Engine.
- Knowledge and/or experience with Metahuman and Control Rig.
- Experience working with cinematic teams.
- Previous development experience on large, open environment games.
We are an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation range for this role. The range listed is just one component of Wizards of the Coast’s total compensation package for employees. Employees may also be eligible for annual and long-term incentives. In addition, Wizards of the Coast provides a variety of benefits to employees. Here’s a look at what your benefits package may include: Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation Time & Holidays, Generous 401(k) match, Paid Parental Leave, Volunteer Program, Employee Giving & Matching Gifts Programs, Tuition Reimbursement, Product Discounts, and more.
$130,640 — $216,480 USD