Senior Technical Artist
17 days ago
You will work in an environment where social skills are just as important as your professional skills. You will work with a team of talented and experienced game developers and engineers, who have worked on numerous best-selling and critically acclaimed titles.
Your role is to create complex tools, develop quality frameworks for art and game systems, work on general technical problem solving/support, help in improving the overall pipeline, and work closely with fellow artists & engineers on art implementation to the game.
As a senior tech artist, you will coordinate with other artists and technical artists, be instrumental in developing workflows and pipelines while mentoring and providing support. You will demonstrate your knowledge and experience with cameras, cinematic moments or showcasing gameplay highlights.
What will you do?
- Develop powerful and efficient workflows for the Art pipeline and asset management with complementary skills around cameras and cinematography.
- Research and help develop new technologies.
- Act as liaison between Engineering and Art/Creative departments identifying needs and improvement to efficiencies.
- Mentor and support the art team and coordinating with other tech artists to provide consistent, high quality, team support.
- Inspire and empower the art team to optimize their processes.
- Be instrumental with problem solving challenging and daily production challenges while maintaining high quality throughout.
- Oversight of art content pipeline, from tools all the way into the game.
- Create new techniques and procedures to improve game asset quality.
- Work efficiently within a prototyping production environment providing key art assets and efficient assets.
- Develop quality art assets where required and be instrumental with the vision for visual fidelity.
- Support and educate artists and engineers in the use of the art pipeline and user-facing engine tools.
- Review creative process and identify opportunities for tool improvements.
- Identify redundancies in our workflow and provide solutions for automation.
- Analyse and improve efficiencies within the art creation and implementation workflow to optimise performance.
- Responsible for collaboratively developing the production pipeline to ensure efficient asset creation and delivery, and a streamlined process for artists and engineers.
- Document pipeline and tools development processes.
- Be instrumental in the development of artistic techniques and processes utilized to define and achieve a product's visual style and encourage artistic technical evolution within the studio.
What are we looking for?
- Complete understanding of current game workflows and pipelines.
- Experience with multiple game engines.
- Experience with cameras, cinematography or showcasing gameplay moments
- Comprehensive knowledge of 3D content creation software including Maya, Houdini, Photoshop, Substance.
- Expert knowledge of architecting and developing tools in Python and the Qt Framework or native DCC language – Mel, Vex.
- Substantial working experience within a high-quality game or post studio environment, including at least one shipped title as a technical artist.
- A portfolio reflecting high quality game or production work, tools and expert understanding of workflows and practices.
- Extensive understanding of the performance implications of game art asset creation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with proven ability to communicate effectively with artists, designers, engineers, and other members of the development team.
What additional skills will help you stand out?
- Shader authoring skills.
- Leadership and/or mentoring experience.
- Experience with procedural pipelines.
- Expertise with agile development process.
Wargaming is an award-winning online game developer and publisher headquartered in Nicosia, Cyprus. Operating since 1998, Wargaming has grown to become one of the leaders in the gaming industry with 5,500 employees and 18 offices spread worldwide. Over 200 million players enjoy Wargaming's titles across all major gaming platforms. Our flagship products include the free-to-play hits World of Tanks and World of Warships, as well as World of Tanks Blitz — the critically acclaimed mobile tank shooter with cross-platform support.
A career in our company is always an interesting challenge, as well as the experience that you gain working together with world-class experts.
Are you up to the challenge?!
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.