This job might no longer be available.
Senior Technical Artist
16 days ago
Are you interested in crafting world class, groundbreaking, interactive experiences on a large scale? If so, we are looking for an accomplished technical artist to work in a highly qualified technical team on a brand-new application Unity is developing. We are seeking a leader of their field who is passionate about live-events, gaming, and community building.
More specifically, in the next 4-12 months, you will be defining, shaping, and supporting the delivery of the creative direction and working first version alongside hardworking colleagues at the top of their game!
Long term, you will work with the leadership team to define the vision of what the user experience can become through collaboration with our team on how we get there. This will include pushing the boundaries of what is possible using Unity and real-time 3D!
What you’ll be doing
- Work in close proximity with designers, researchers, developers, and product managers to rapidly iterate on a new Unity experience
- Collaborate with design leaders and peers around the world to drive a holistic and aligned vision for Unity's project
- Participate in architectural discussions and decision-making beyond the direct technical art tasks assigned
- Identify, design, and deliver with peers and partners to cross-pollinate and drive technology and process.
What we're looking for
- Experience with various lighting models - baked, light probes, image-based lighting, GI & light mapping
- Experience optimizing 3d content, understanding how to achieve the desired results within the given performance budget
- Hands-on experience writing publishing & validation tools for asset pipelines
- Experience building custom DCC Tools (Maya / Max / Houdini / Blender or otherwise)
- Practical knowledge in technical art work in context of visual-rich experiences, p roven excellence in technical art execution and workflows
You may also have
- Python / C# expertise
- Experience with Unity, including creating custom Editor tools / extension / Shader writing experience
- Experience with complex visual design and collaborating with design and product teams as a tech artist with a p roven track record of successfully delivering results in an agile development environment
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,800+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com .
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.