This job might no longer be available.
Senior Technical Artist
6 days ago
About the organization
Ubisoft is a leading developer and publisher of video games worldwide whose brand portfolio covers blockbusters such as Assassin’s Creed, Watch Dogs, The Division, Splinter Cell, Ghost Recon, Rainbow Six, Rayman, Just Dance as well as games for the whole family, from Imagine and Petz to Raving Rabbids. To continue building on its achievements for the future, Ubisoft is looking for new talent for its growing Indian studio in Pune!
We favor diversity, creativity, drive and team spirit. If you’ve got the skills and the desire to succeed, we want you to be a part of this exciting period of growth.
Job Title: Senior Technical Artist
**Note**: Final Designation/Level will be decided based on the relevant experience and interview ratings.
As a Technical Artist, you will be responsible for research, innovation and giving technical support to team members to guide and assist them in the best practices possible to ensure highest technical quality of asset production.
- Put in place the graphic production pipeline
- Partner closely with the engineering and design teams to define and develop content
- Be familiar with the game design documents to be able to determine the technical needs of the project as they pertain to graphics.
- Produce documentation on tools, methods, training, processes, and engine constraints for future reference and consultation.
- Realize high visual benchmarks, optimized and by respecting the technical constraints.
- Help character artists with skinning and rigging of characters, including setups for facial animation.
- Write optimized shaders based on PBR pipeline.
- Help Profile and Optimize game or level based on performance data.
- Give training sessions for every team member as they can be sure to use tools and methods correctly
- Manage the technical animation pipeline including developing Maya/Max tools and plug-ins for rigging and animation and hooking up animations.
- Build time saving tools or Scripts for Game Art Team.
- Help to improve technical VR pipelines and FX creation techniques/tool.
- College Diploma/Degree in graphic design 2D and 3D or in video game development or any other equivalent training
- 5+ years of experience as Technical Artist
- Must have shipped a minimum of 1+ AAA games.
- Excellent knowledge of real-time game art techniques (shaders, PBR, normal map, displacement etc.)
- Optimized Shader Writing in Shaderlab, HLSL or Nvidia CG.
- Unity Shaders: in-depth knowledge of real-time shader implementations, limitations of shaders in VR, strong understanding of PBR pipelines
- Excellent knowledge of VR devices and their constraints.
- Excellent Knowledge of profiling on various VR devices.
- Excellent knowledge of Maya/3ds Max, Houdini, Substance Designer, Painter
- Detailed knowledge of the technical constraints of engines and the different game platforms preferably Unity.
- Good Knowledge of Rigging and Skinning with its constraints on multiple platforms.
- Knowledge of an asset management system (eg : Perforce, VSS, Alienbrain);
- Experience with VR, AR and mobile development.
Good To Have
- Knowledge of Python, MEL, MAXScript an asset
- Knowledge of a programming language (C++, C# etc.) an asset
- Interest and capacity to work with proprietary toolsets
- Good organization skills
- Good communication skills (spoken and written)
- Coaching skills
- Strong technical skills and ability to write technical documentations
- Able to think creatively and resolve technical challenges and limitations.
- Excellent communication skills at all levels, both on a technical and creative basis.
Ubisoft India is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all interested parties. The studio welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies please.