Senior Technical Artist
11 days ago
Ubisoft Halifax has an opening for a Technical Artist. The Technical Artist will collaborate with the art and programming departments to reduce bottlenecks in art pipelines. You will work between Art and Code identifying areas for increased efficiency, creating effective workflow, and scripting tools for artists.
- Create efficient, elegant, and cost-effective solutions to technical problems within the production pipeline
- Collaborate with Production Leads and Directors to efficiently complete all assigned task
- Refine, improve, and develop pipelines/tools/scripts based on feedback from all departments within the production team
- Create tools, plugins, and processes for DCC packages and game engines
- Research and propose applicable new technologies to be used within the asset creation pipeline
- Work with members of the production team to create and transfer 3D assets into the game engine within predefined deadlines
- Demonstrate excellent working practices for managing and creating assets to share knowledge on best practices across the production team
- Create Artist and Designer friendly tools to significantly increase productivity and efficiency of daily workflows
- Create clear and easy to read documentation for any tools, scripts, methods, or processes that have been implemented
- Prioritize and solve complex problems through distilling them into tangible 'core issues' to action effective solutions
- Work within a fast-paced, dynamic workplace.
- Shipped one AAA Title while working within a technical role and/or 3-5+ years of applicable experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent personal time management skills
- Qualification(s) in a technical vocation and/or a preferred 3D application
- Strong math and logic skills with a strong understanding of linear algebra
- Excellent problem-solving skills with the ability to demonstrate the solution across interdisciplinary teams
- Expert Knowledge of a DCC (preferably 3ds Max or Maya)
- Experience with Maxscript, C#, Python, and version control (preferably Perforce and/or Git)
- Working knowledge of the Unity game engine.
- Shader comprehension to efficiently deliver the visuals required
- Demonstrates a passion for learning and innovation
- Working knowledge of animation pipeline including rigging, skinning, and animation
What can we offer you!
- Competitive salary scale
- Additional paid time off over the Christmas holiday break
- Comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental, and vision care.
- A hybrid working model
- Flexible work hours to provide a healthy work/life balance
- Summer months bring ‘Summer Fridays’
- And an international and diverse team
Ubisoft Halifax is the newest Ubisoft Studio to take on the growing Mobile Game Market. As Ubisoft's first exclusively Mobile studio, our focus is on originality and functionality. Creating new projects and developing Flagship Ubisoft IP’s. Our position on the tip of the East Coast is strategic in terms of studio efficiency (closest to European and American Time zones), and creativity (biggest game hub east of Montreal).
Our studio is located in the heart of the city (Halifax, Kjipuktuk in the Mi'kmaw native language).The Halifax Harbour is in view from our windows and lunch breaks can be spent on the boardwalk or at one of the many restaurants and cafes that populate the downtown core. The studio culture is dynamic, with communication happening constantly between teams with an emphasis on team building and collaboration!
Halifax is to Canada, what Boston is to the States, a founding City full of forts, historic buildings, and award-winning modern architecture. Being a city with three Universities, Halifax boasts tons of nightlife, world class restaurants, and for the outdoors types: unparalleled yet affordable outdoor adventures.
We Value Diversity!
Here at Ubisoft, we offer an open environment where bright ideas are given a chance to shine and everyone is eager to lend a helping hand. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Please apply through the Ubisoft website https://www.ubisoft.com/en-US/careers/search.aspx
- Cover letter including salary expectations (in pdf format).
- Current CV/ Resume (in pdf format).
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, due to the volume of inquires, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 30 countries around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their commitment and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.