Senior Technical Artist
21 days ago
As a Senior Technical Artist, you will utilize your hybrid skills to bridge the worlds of the artist and programmer, acting as interpreter, innovator and problem solver. You will collaborate cohesively and efficiently with Directors in the Art, Technical and Production teams to define the pipelines, tools and workflows needed to support and optimize art production. You will be responsible for research, innovation, and the technical guidance to assist the team in delivering the highest technical quality content without compromising on the artistic vision.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Define, establish efficient and user-friendly pipelines.
- Provide daily technical support to Art and Tech teams.
- Collaborate with production and external teams to improve and optimize workflows.
- Prepare and update documentation for content pipelines, tools, features and workflows.
- Work alongside programmers to prototype and validate features.
- Act as gatekeeper of budgets, Tech Art constraints and data technical compliance
- Guide and Mentor the team to foster skill growth and knowledge sharing.
- Optimize memory and game performance.
WHAT YOU’LL PROVIDE:
- 5+ years of professional art, technical art, or programming experience.
- An aptitude and drive for innovation, collaboration, decision making and creative problem solving.
- Experience in real-time digital art content creation and artistic workflows
- Proven technical skills in profiling, performance and optimization
- Proficiency in 2D/3D art software (Photoshop, Substance Designer, ZBrush, 3DS Max, Maya, Houdini)
- In-Depth knowledge of game engines (Proprietary, Unreal, Unity)
- Understanding of scripting languages (Python, C#, Max Script)
- Familiarity with bug tracking software (JIRA) and management systems (Perforce)
- Expert level proficiency in one or more areas of game development (Modelling & Texturing, Physics simulations, Destruction, VFX, Lighting, Rendering, Post Processes, Procedural, Rigging and Animation, Shaders)
- Industry experience developing AAA titles for current console hardware on all production phases(minimum 2 titles)
- Leadership and people management experience
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, mentorship and presentation skills.
WHAT YOU’LL ENJOY:
Check out our list of perks and benefits here: https://www.ubisoftsingapore.com/
JOIN THE SQUAD
Making games is serious business, but it's very important for us to have fun while creating awesome worlds so that we can convey the same sense of joy to millions of players in the world.
Come on board and experience #LifeAtUbi for yourself, we are always on the lookout for talents who thrive in bringing their A-game to work. If this sounds like you, shoot us your resume, portfolio, and anything else to show that you’re serious about fun!
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent has brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
Since opening its doors in 2008, Ubisoft Singapore has become the biggest AAA game development studio in Southeast Asia. The 500-strong studio is home to 35+ different nationalities focused on delivering ambitious gaming experiences to our players. Ubisoft Singapore has been contributing to all the Assassin’s Creed® titles since Assassin’s Creed® II. It innovated within the franchise as the studio behind the naval battle gameplay and water technology in Assassin’s Creed® III, Assassin’s Creed® IV Black Flag® and most recently in Assassin’s Creed® Valhalla. Its expertise in AAA and live operations, combined with a passion for naval gameplay, pushed the team to lead the development of Skull and Bones™ revealed at E3 in 2017.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.