Senior Technical Artist
13 days ago
About the role
At Tripledot, a Technical Artist is a Unity expert; the critical link between art and code, able to tackle any number of varied tasks within the engine including, but not limited to:
- Designing and implementing the ‘Unity layer’ which links the art and animation of the game artists to the functionality of the programmers’ underlying codebase.
- Constructing games within Unity, including the use of Unity UI, in accordance with our in-house technical workflow.
- Writing custom components in C# when control over complex visual elements is required.
- Optimizing the games so that they run smoothly and efficiently on the widest possible range of mobile devices.
- Creating animations, particle effects and custom shaders when necessary.
- Supporting and mentoring game artists on technical issues.
You’ll be responsible for maintaining a high degree of polish and quality across all our games, ensuring that they look and feel fantastic
About the Product:
Live Play Bingo is the #1 live streaming mobile game. We combine social gaming with live streaming and traditional TV broadcasting. With global operations in San Francisco, Los Angeles, and London, we are a team of gaming veterans and technology rockstars who think about games completely differently. Our flagship app, Live Play Bingo, combines live streaming hosts from our broadcast studio in Hollywood, CA, and state of the art multiplayer gameplay. Check us out on iOS and Android. We combine the latest live video streaming technology, world-class game design, and best-in best-in-class, social gaming features.
Our Technical Artists are all game developers. We’re particularly interested in candidates who’ve worked on their own game projects.
- Expertise in the Unity engine and Unity UI in particular.
- Experience of different architectural approaches to building a game in Unity, especially with regards to making it possible for multiple disciplines (art, animation, audio) to work independently in the engine.
- The ability to write clean, performant C# code when necessary.
- A drive to solve problems in a thoughtful, elegant way.
- The drive to proactively clean up or fix unoptimised assets and knowing when to do so.
- Experience working closely with programmers, and the ability to communicate technical information to them remotely.
- Experience working with Git and knowledge of its best practices.
- Unity Editor scripting ability.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Professional and personal development
- Ability to have an impact on the final product
- Opportunity to collaborate with international colleagues on a daily basis
- Flexible schedule
- 26 days annual leave in addition to bank holidays
- Yearly Learning and Development allowance for materials, courses, and seminars
- Private Health and Dental insurance
- Gym membership
- Regular company events and rewards such as cocktail parties, game nights and Company event