Senior Technical Artist
10 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Senior Technical Artist
Bluepoint Games has begun the exciting work of original development and seeks passionate, industry-leading talent to join our pursuit of consistently crafting Game of the Year quality experiences. Our studio is renowned for critically acclaimed titles that exceed what the world expects of us, most recently the PS4 remake of Shadow of the Colossus the PS5 launch title Demon's Souls.
We are always hiring best-in-class SENIOR TECHNICAL ARTIST s to join our team on a full-time basis. You’ll tackle the most complex asset challenges, developing and evolving world-class workflows to unleash the potential of our content teams on AAA titles for current generation home consoles and beyond.
Please note : This is not an entry-level or mid-level position. Sufficient professional experience and accomplishments are required.
- Develop powerful and efficient workflows for the content creators and implementers
- Create new techniques and procedures to improve game asset quality
- Help improve and refine shader, texture, lighting quality
- Research and develop new technologies
- Identify and fix pipeline issues
- Analyze and improve art asset inefficiencies to optimize performance
- Inspire, mentor, and support other artists
- Be a liaison between Engineering and the Art departments
- Assist with solving daily production challenges
- A portfolio reflecting high-quality game art, scripted tools, and shaders
- At least 5 years of professional experience in the games industry with at least one shipped title (excluding academic projects)
- Complete understanding of game workflows and pipelines
- Experience working with multiple game engines
- Expert knowledge of Maya
- Maya scripting experience in Python and MEL
- Basic knowledge of Photoshop scripting techniques
The ideal candidate shall also have:
- Experience with Allegorithmic Substance Designer
- Shader authoring skills (HLSL, GLSL, CGFX) knowledge
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.