Senior Technical Artist
11 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
PlayStation Studios Visual Arts and PlayStation Studios Malaysia are both passionate teams within the PlayStation family, made up of game and film industry professionals from all over the world.
Always at the cutting edge of technology, the teams work with studios like Naughty Dog, Insomniac, Santa Monica Studios, Guerrilla Games, Bend Studios, SuckerPunch, San Diego Studio, Japan Studios, and more PlayStation first-party teams, providing world-class content development and services to these studios.
Why work when you can play? This is life at PlayStation!
The Technical Art & Engineering team in PlayStation Studios Malaysia is looking for Senior Technical Artists to join our team. The role requires understanding of game production principles, experience supporting content production pipeline, expertise using 3D authoring packages such as Maya, strong coding skills, and most importantly high desire to make processes better and people’s lives easier.
The Senior Technical Artists will be responsible for setting up and maintaining the technical pipeline on all projects, writing tools for artists for a variety of software package, solve technical issues that arise, and ensure quality of the final product.
Technical art is a broad term and qualified candidates will be responsible for serving as the bridge between art, animation, production and programming, examples of the duties include (and not limited to) the following: setup/maintain/standardize/improve the content pipeline, create easy to use tools, rig assets for animation/gameplay, troubleshoot technical production issues that arise, write efficient shaders, optimize game performance, and ultimately ensure the quality and timely delivery of the final product. Technical artist will work with art/design disciplines and the engineering team and help provide communication and cohesion between all groups.
- Understanding and maintaining project pipelines.
- Learning and supporting varying client working environments, assets, and tools.
- Writing, maintaining and customizing internal tools for production team.
- Solving problems in pipeline and for individuals on as-needed basis.
- Building and maintaining technical documentation.
- BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Graphic Art, or a related field, or equivalent experience.
- At least 5+ years in a branch of visual effects (film, game dev, tv, etc).
- Excellent knowledge of Maya and experience developing Maya tools in Python.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills and the ability to creatively problem solve.
- PyQt/PySide experience.
- Knowledge of or experience with game engines such as Unreal, Unity, or proprietary engines.
- Experiencing developing or maintaining project pipeline tools.
- Experience with perforce and/or git.
- General knowledge of Maya rigging.
- Experience with programming languages, especially C++.
- Experience developing or maintaining system environments.
- Experience with project management and tracking software (such as Shotgun and Jira).
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.