Senior Technical Artist
17 days ago
Rec Room is the best place to build and play games together. Chat, hang out, explore MILLIONS of rooms, or build something new to share with us all! As a Senior Technical Artist you’ll help define and improve our content pipelines, internal tools, content optimization, shaders, and VFX content. You’ll work on a small agile team on a broad variety of features and tools.
- Design, develop, and maintain internal content pipelines and tools to be efficient, extensible, and easy to use
- Collaborate with both artists and engineers to solve complex technical and artistic problems
- Design and optimize game content to be performant across multiple platforms
- Prototype and develop new shaders to hit visual and performance targets
- Design and author VFX to work across all platforms and within a UGC ecosystem
- Maintain consistent aesthetic and technical quality across all areas of development
- Provide critical feedback and mentor artists on content implementation best practices
- 5+ years of game industry experience with equivalent title
- Expert understanding of Unity
- Fluency in C# or a comparable object-oriented language
- Experience with Blender and/or Maya
- Strong understanding of broad 3D and game development fundamentals
- Strong understanding of content authoring, implementation, and optimization best practices
- Demonstrated understanding of diagnosing and solving performance issues
- Experience with version control
- Ability to adapt and iterate within a stylized production
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable working in fast-moving, ambiguous development environments
- Portfolio or Github demonstrating any tools, shaders, VFX, and/or examples of content pipelines you’ve shipped.
- Experience shipping cross-platform 3D games (e.g., PC, console, mobile)
- Experience shipping a live service game
- Fluency in Python or a comparable scripting language
- Broad cross-disciplinary work experience (e.g., scripting, VFX, level optimization, shaders, character rigging, and content tools)
- Experience mentoring artists
- Strong background in Virtual Reality technologies (e.g., PSVR, Steam VR, Oculus Rift, etc.)
COMPANY INFO TO KNOW
Rec Room offers generous medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. We also support your retirement benefits with a company match. Rec Room values work-life balance by providing unlimited paid time off. Our company values are real and drive our culture. We work hard to be a safe and friendly place for people from all walks of life.
Rec Room provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.