Senior Technical Artist
26 days ago
MobilityWare Company Summary
Looking for an innovative, creative, passionate, and fun company in OC? Then, let us introduce ourselves. We are MobilityWare and we make fun for a living! Our mobile games have been rocking the app store since its inception and we regularly show up in top lists for most popular games. We recently reached over 350 million downloads across our portfolio of games!
We've been voted 2015, 2016, 2017 & 2018 Best Places to Work in Orange County by the Orange County Business Journal and OC Register! Headquartered in Irvine, CA., our flagship game, Solitaire, was released on the day the App Store opened in 2008. Other titles include Blackjack, FreeCell, Destination Solitaire and Spider Solitaire, to name a few. Our vision is to create the most exciting mobile games and have fun doing it.
The Unity Technical Artist plays an integral role in the development of our games and is the conduit between creating beautiful and functional VFX art, and helping engineers implement art, UI & VFX in the game engine. Reporting to the Art Director, this person will work with a team of artists, engineers and designers to produce joyful player experiences in our Puzzle/Card game in development.
- Works with Artists and Engineers to integrate art assets faithfully into Unity.
- Optimize art assets (optimizing art assets for memory usage and performance concerns)
- Using the most effective texture compression methods
- Create best in class VFX & animations that brings our games to life
- Implement game assets into engine
- Ensuring assets are appropriate for all supported devices (aspect ratios etc.)
- Setting up naming conventions and best practice documentation
- Develop and document art pipelines
- Evaluate bugs and apply appropriate solutions for fixes bugs
- Work with task/bug tracking software (Jira)
Qualifications for Position:
- Proficient in exporting and integrating art in Unity
- Proficient in optimizing art, VFX and animations for Unity
- Experience in creating and maintaining art content pipelines
- Proven ability to animate in Unity using Spine, and particle effects (VFX)
- Version control knowledge
- 5+ years' experience in game development
- Scripting and/or coding knowledge to facilitate tool creation and adhoc implementation requirements
- Shader coding knowledge
- 3D art pipeline knowledge