This job might no longer be available.
Senior Technical Artist
11 days ago
We are looking for an amazing Senior Technical Artist to join our studio. As a Senior Technical Artist, you will be responsible for blending industry experience and artistic versatility to a variety of production tasks. Paramount to the role, the Senior Technical Artist must possess the agility required to move quickly between technical and artistic challenges. In addition, the Artist must leverage their experience to provide feedback, training, and recommendations throughout the course of product development. If this sounds interesting and something you'd like to do, please read on!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Collaborates with art and technology teams in developing content creation pipelines.
- Assists in setting visual and technical targets for new or existing properties
- Provides clear recommendations for pipeline, engine, and tools improvements.
- Assists in setting technical specifications for projects
- Creates assets using Procedural Methods for games
- Creates, implements, and documents Procedural Content Creation Systems and Tools for the team
- Manages and profiles performance of Procedurally-generated assets
- Fixes bugs and provides supports to Procedurally-generated assets and tools
- Provides detailed and relevant technical feedback to the team
- Stays current with industry-leading technology, techniques, and programs.
- Acts as liaison between art and technology groups
- Other duties may be assigned
This individual will help mentor more junior members of the technical art team.
Education and/or Experience:
- 5-7 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to implement basic geometric algorithms programmatically
- Advanced understanding of Houdini® and\or Maya
- Working Knowledge of Python, MEL, PyMEL, Perl, C++, Houdini® HDK, QT, PyQT, JSON, Alembic, FBX, and Collada desired
- Experience with a game engine like Unreal or Unity and Maya/Max
- Ability to meet deadlines under tight schedules
- Willingness to receive direction and work closely with a team
- Develops and presents new and emerging techniques to team
If this sounds like an opportunity you're interested in, please apply below.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.