This job might no longer be available.
Senior Technical Artist
7 days ago
Epic Games is looking for Senior Technical Artists for our Cary, NC studio to be part of our Product Management team, working hand in hand with our Engineering Team and Licensees to utilize Unreal Engine for projects in transportation, product manufacturing, and autonomous vehicles. The product team engineers new features and extensions to Unreal Engine, supports sales during the acquisition phase, assists with production pipeline integration, and provides custom technology innovations.
- Provide unique expertise of real-time technologies applied to transportation and manufacturing industries, especially for new product development.
- Assist with Unreal Engine licensing efforts, including but not limited to live Unreal Engine demonstrations, arranging evaluations, providing pre-and post-license technical support, and evangelizing Unreal Engine at trade shows.
- Coordinate and prioritize product engineering development and support activities with key and strategic accounts.
- Create detailed roadmaps for tools and service enhancements in alignment with long-term Enterprise goals.
- Develop new features and extensions within Unreal Engine to be used by Enterprise customers, especially for product visualization and autonomous vehicle development.
- Work with management to identify technical and developmental risks, obstacles and generating solutions.
- Identify bottlenecks and limitations in the data-preparation and rendering pipeline and Unreal Engine tools and documenting improvement recommendations.
- Collaborate with Enterprise and Unreal Engine Management and key customers to review and optimize all areas of the business pipeline.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS :
Four (4) years of experience as a technical artist in video games, film VFX, visualization, or a closely related field, working with Unreal Engine and managing art assets and pipelines.
- Advanced professional experience with Key components of Unreal Engine such as Material Editor, Blueprints, Animation, Scene Building, Sequencer, and Lighting.
- Scripting and/or programming in C++ or Python.
- Pipeline and/or tools development in VR, games, VFX, or CAD.
- Understanding of geometry processing, modeling tools, and CAD/PLM translation.
Experience working on virtual reality or augmented reality projects is a plus.
Travel up to 30% for presales, education, and support meetings with existing licensees.
Must pass a Background Check.
Applicants must submit a portfolio demonstrating advanced knowledge creating interactive experiences in Unreal Engine. Must demonstrate a very good understanding of the Unreal Engine editor. Multiple positions available
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.