This job might no longer be available.
Senior Technical Artist
7 days ago
Epic Games is looking for Senior Technical Artists at our Cary, North Carolina studio to analyze game and engine functionality requirements and technical system needs. Guiding artists and level designers in the implementation of technical features and tools used in the creation of a game’s visual art assets.
- Work across multiple teams to coordinate requirements for production and engine-embedded tools, responsible for leading proof of concept for worlds with procedural content creation.
- Investigate current assets and world production.
- Design asset management workflows, processes, and pipelines for procedural content creation, and communicate/make proposals of improvements and optimizations to all relevant stakeholders.
- Build the procedural technical art production pipeline as part of a proof of concept, giving feedback to the engine team regarding challenges and required optimizations.
- Produce a first pass of art/asset creation, working with Senior Artists and Engineers for guidance as needed.
- Provide optimized art asset production workflows and best practices production guidelines to achieve AAA visual fidelity coupled with target hardware rendering and memory constraints.
- Provide the bridge between Engineering (Programming teams) and Creative team’s (Art and Level Design) workflow and art feature needs; and,
- Analyze existing workflows and UX implementation and build a roadmap to increase productivity.
Five (5) years of professional experience in the position of Technical Artist/Director in the video game industry with the following:
- HLSL or shader programming and demonstrated ability to build shaders for other artists to use.
- Developing tools and pipelines for real-time games and engines.
- Utilizing pipeline tools such as Houdini, Substance Designer, MaxScript, or Mel.
- Scripting and plug-in writing skills with 3DSMax/Maya, Python, and C#.
Five (5) published video games as a technical artist/director.
Multiple Openings for this Position.
Must provide samples of work demonstrating proficiency as a Technical Artist. Must pass a Background Check.
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.