This job might no longer be available.
Senior Technical Artist
Vancouver British Columbia Canada
10 days ago
Senior Technical Artist
At EA, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create amazing experiences for our players everywhere and we consider our players’ experiences first in everything we do. Creating transformational experiences requires constant innovation and brilliant, passionate people. We are developing extraordinary new game experiences by bringing together great people that combine creativity, technology, and expertise to deliver new ways to play. EA is driving the next revolution in games. Join us!
‘Production Engineering and Emerging Technology’
The Challenge: Peet develops production tools and processes specific to Cinematics. Our goal is to evaluate and influence how production is approached. As new technologies arise, so do tools. The goal is to create an environment that allows the ability to rapidly create, iterate and polish no matter what stage of production. Increasing efficiency from start to finish. You will be a part of a team that has passion for pushing technology and supporting teams while having fun. We are looking for someone who can quickly familiarize themselves with multiple technologies and works well with others.
- Develop high-quality production tools and runtime technologies
- Follow Agile methodologies as defined by the team
- Adapt to artistic and technical constraints to create tools, processes to ensure a fast and effective workflow for the artists on a per-project basis
- Communicate with team members and those on other teams to ensure speedy resolution of issues
- Solve complex problems affecting various areas of production
- Act as a role model, coach and mentor to assist in developing the team
- Design, implement, optimize, test, debug and maintain code to coding standards
- Assist in improving the tools, technical processes and best practices for the team
- Minimum 7 years of experience in a digital art content creation pipeline
- Experience with common scripting languages like Python and C#
- Experience delivering high-quality visuals while following memory and performance targets
- Experience developing on agile teams
- Solid knowledge of current and next-gen art techniques and fundamental art principles
- English is the required language of work
- A strong understanding of Game Engine Architecture is a plus, including experience with Unreal Engine or similar
Desirable Skills or Expertise:
- Experience developing animation tools
- Demonstrated ownership for success of internal customers
- Unreal Engine Experience
- Frostbite Experience
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Machine learning/AR/VR experience/knowledge is a plus
- Ability to work in a dynamic and collaborative environment
- Constantly innovate to improve product quality as well as group productivity
- Demonstrates dependability and commitment to projects/tasks.
- Good business sense - ability to manage non-technical hurdles to getting the job done
- Culture of continuous learning, and hunger to take on new challenges
Benefits: We are proud of the great perks we offer like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, pension with company match and, of course, free video games. We offer great compensation packages and a culture that enjoys creativity and individuality. Health, Dental, Financial offered (ESPP and RRSP matching); Relocation assistance also offered.
Eligible for salary increases, bonuses, and restricted stock units at our discretion
Full-time, permanent position
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law