This job might no longer be available.
Senior Technical Artist
Stockholm Stockholm County Sweden
5 months ago
Frostbite –Technical Artist
The Frostbite team is looking for an experienced Technical Artist, as part of the team you will be one of the first to get your hands on the newest tools and technology that Frostbite develops and releases to game teams. You will be part of the core technology team that powers games like Battlefield, FIFA, Need for Speed, Dragon Age and Star Wars: Battlefront.
We want creative, committed and communicative people who are passionate about creating tools and technology for making great looking games and playing a supportive role in the Frostbite community. We encourage members of our team to have a sense of ownership and a strong go-ahead spirit. In return we provide great individual freedom, autonomy and influence.
- Research, develop and apply real-time rendering techniques to increase realism and to create atmosphere and immersion in games.
- Match technical skill with aesthetic judgment to drive development of Frostbite’s lighting and rendering tools.
- Collaborate with Technical Directors / CG Supervisors on game teams to advise on tools and best practices to achieve their project’s vision for art direction.
- Create art assets that shows off how to use Frostbite to achieve high-quality visuals.
- Troubleshoot common rendering and lighting technical issues.
- Analyzing and optimizing content to achieve desired performance & quality on various platforms and devices.
As a Technical Artist on the Frostbite team you will closely follow development of features created by the team to feedback on the usability of content workflows and help steer improvements of existing and design of new features. You will build tech demos and create support material for new features that are shipped with every Frostbite release to help educate the Frostbite community and regularly broadcast Frostbite’s capabilities.
You will be closely connected to content creators across all EA studios using Frostbite and have an opportunity to travel around the world for onsite support.
What skills does Frostbite look for?
- Extensive experience in a wide range of CG Lighting techniques and technical methods.
- 5+ years’ experience creating photorealistic lighting for games or feature films.
- Strong understanding of rendering methods.
- Experience setting up physical cameras and shooting HDR.
- Experience authoring shaders.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Previous exposure to game content development – Modeling, Visual Effects, Lighting, Characters, Animation.
- Good knowledge of Maya and/or other commercial 3D authoring packages.
Plus considered skills
- Knowledge of scripting languages like MEL / Python