This job might no longer be available.
Technical Artist 2
Shanghai Shanghai China
1 year ago
As a World Leader in AAA game development, EA is looking for a qualified Senior Technical Artist to help support the content teams in its Shanghai Studio.
Report to Studio TA Director.
What the Senior Technical Artist will do:
The Senior Technical Artist (Sr TA) acts as a bridge between the artists and engineers. They are considered part of the art team and work closely with artists, project managers, SEs and the TA team. The main areas of responsibilities include art production workflows, tools, pipelines, asset optimization/integration and shader development. Sr TAs are expected to assume ownership over any technical issues that arise on their project and drive them to resolution. This often includes delegating to/mentoring more junior staff on the team. Candidates can be from an Art, Design, Mathematics, Engineering or Computer Science background; however, they must demonstrate a comfort level in working with both art and science.
Who You Are:
- At least 6+ years of cinematic/games production experience. The ideal candidate has completed more than 3 AAA games/movies.
- A bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in a related field is desired.
- Highly adept at communicating with different audiences: artists, engineers, managers, vendors.
- English and Mandarin proficiency.
- Experience in leading high performing teams of 3+ people.
- Proficient scripting/programming in python and C#, C++ a bonus.
- Expert knowledge of a 2D and 3D art packages: Maya/Photoshop required. Houdini/Substance Designer a bonus.
- An aptitude for problem solving, particularly as it pertains to testing and debugging technical issues.
- Understand asset optimization challenges/techniques.
- A willingness to jump into the unknown and solve new problems; the ability to think creatively to resolve technical challenges and limitations.
- A Passion for Games!