Senior Technical Artist
18 days ago
We’re searching for a Senior Technical Artist to join our Vancouver studio and work on the next AAA Cyberpunk game. Your unique skillset & background will help shape the workflows of the future. We value ownership of technical and artistic solutions you provide. You will grow together with other experienced developers in your team and in the feature teams outside of it. There is space to embrace your passion, share knowledge and inspire others.
- Working closely with artists and engineers on creating optimized, high-quality visual assets, tools and pipeline solutions.
- Defining and documenting technical standards.
- Maintaining the content creation pipeline.
- Communicating and cooperating with other teams.
- A keen artistic eye, with an emphasis on urban aesthetics and architectural consistency.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar position.
- Experience crafting shaders tailored for urban environments, with a strong understanding of urban material properties.
- Solid portfolio demonstrating expertise in procedural urban generation and relevant shaders.
- Profound knowledge of tools like Houdini, World Machine, Substance Designer, and their applications in cityscape and/or terrain generation.
- Experience with UE4/UE5 and blueprints.
- Outstanding creativity and a very strong commitment to a project.
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills.
- Good attitude towards receiving feedback and exchanging knowledge.
- Avid and passionate gamer.
Nice to haves
- Scripting proficiency in languages relevant to procedural generation, such as Python or VEX
- Experience with real-world urban planning or architectural principles.
- Prior involvement in AAA titles featuring expansive cityscapes.
- Competitive salary.
- Health benefits with an HSA account.
- Responsible work-life balance with flexible hours and paid overtime.
- 26 days of paid vacation per year.
- A modern indie-style studio with a relaxed atmosphere working on high-budget AAA games.
- A chance to work in a booming industry within an international team.
- Office located near transit and bike routes with onsite parking available.
At CD PROJEKT RED Vancouver, our mission is to create world-class interactive entertainment experiences. Located in one of the biggest video game hubs in the world, Vancouver, Canada, we are an inclusive, multicultural team of driven and talented professionals that fosters cross-disciplinary collaboration and honest conversations. We push gameplay boundaries. We build unforgettable narratives and stories. We make some of the best and most revered video games on the planet. Join us!
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.