Senior Technical Artist, WWE 2k
1 month ago
At Visual Concepts, we believe great games are made by diverse and empowered teams with a shared passion for play. As one of the world’s top game development studios, we have shipped over 100 multi-sku titles to critical acclaim and commercial success. Our teams are independent and entrepreneurial. Our studios in Agoura Hills, Novato, Orange County, Budapest, Shanghai, Austin, San Jose, Vancouver and Seoul are committed to artistry and technical innovation, offering top candidates the opportunity to learn and grow with some of the smartest and most creative minds in the industry.
What We Need:
Do you prize efficiency, productivity, and the happiness that comes from helping a team do their best work? Do you love the technology of computer graphics, games, and animation? Have experience building tools, rigs, workflows, and pipeline optimizations that make the creative work of game development even more fun than it already is?
We are looking for a Senior Technical Artist to join our Tech Art team, working on an enormous roster of WWE Superstars, supporting character creation. Potential work includes character rigs, simulations, animation and cutscene workflows, systems supporting original user creations, tool creation and support, & pipeline optimizations.
WWE2K is an exciting and challenging game franchise with a diverse set of features and requirements. You will grow and develop in many different areas, learning from a highly skilled team while working on cutting-edge technology. We are open to candidates from all industries who have a passion for games. A list of qualifications is provided below, but please do not hesitate to apply if you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications.
What You Will Do:
- Build and maintain technologies and art workflows. (Environments, props, characters, shaders, lighting, and rigs)
- Collaborate with Art and Engineering to drive research, workflows, and technologies for improved deformations, animation fidelity, and streamlined creation processes
- Solve technical issues related to rigs, animations, hair and cloth simulations, and performance capture
- Partner with the engineering team to ensure build stability, and to ensure that memory and performance budgets are being maintained
- Become a proficient user and contributor of the existing toolset and workflow.
- Troubleshoot technical issues related to character rigs, animation, and simulation
- Meet delivery deadlines under production constraints
- Mentor other artists as needed
Who Will Be A Great Fit:
- 5+ years in the games, film, or animation industries
- Fluent in Maya and Python with significant experience writing tools (PySide / PyQt)
- Experience researching, piloting, and rolling out new techniques
- Understanding of game engine limitations
- Able to diagnose and solve problems quickly and independently
- Able to write clean, bug free, well-documented and efficient code
- An excellent teammate that takes joy in technical challenges, encourages suggestions from other team members, and provides feedback to others
- A team player with good work ethics and strong time & project management skills
- Love for video games (not just ours!)
- Experience with real-time and pre-baked cloth and hair physics setup
- Experience with Face Rig using FACS setup, facial capture and re-targeting
- Shotgrid, Perforce, Jira, Confluence
- Scripting for Substance Painter, Motion Builder, Photoshop
- Additional Proficiency with C# or C++
- End-to-end knowledge of game production processes, and ability to scale your role to each phase
To learn more about Visual Concepts and our studio locations, check out our website at www.vcentertainment.com
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.